Flight planner problems

Hi.

I am brand new to msf 2020 and have problems with the flight planner that I find by clicking at the " World Map".

After the first installation I went to World map, picked up Kennedy airport as my departure airport and picked up the plane Cessna 152. I clicked the yellow button "Fly" and had a nice trip over Manhatten. So far, so good!

But the next day I picked up another airplane, a Cessna 172 and had another airport, Kastrup in Denmark as my departure airport.

I clicked the Yellow button "Fly" , but sadly I found myself at Kennedy airport with the Cessna 152 from yesterday.

I was advised by a friend to uninstall the program and to do another installation. So I did, but that did not solve the problem!!! I had just the same experience with the next two flights. I picked up a Cessna 152 and Kastrup as my arrival airport and had a nice trip above Copenhagen. The next day I picked up another airplane and another airport as my arrival place. But after clicking the Fly button, I found myself once again at Kastrup airport with a Cessna 152.

I hope someone out there can help me.

Kasper:

After selecting Kastrup, did you then select where in the airport you wanted to start from? (it’s good practice to select a ramp or gate, rather than a runway) just to make sure you had actually selected the airport.

It sounds to me it hadn’t made the selection (as if “enter” hadnt been pressed?)

If you’d have clicked on another part of the screen, you’d have probably seen it revert back to the last selected airport (ie: Kennedy)

Just tried it myself.. typing the name of an airport in the search bar but not actually clicking the airport when it appeared in the list below. I clicked fly and found myself at the previous airport I was at.

Regards

Steve

Ps:

I’ve done many reinstalls of MSFS myself, but reinstalling for something like that is a bit excessive LOL

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hello, as it turns out I'm just helping my dad learn the new interfaces in FS2004 (he flew FS98 for 20 years, and is having some confusion with the new interfaces.) He had exactly this problem, and I suspect it might be the same for FS2020.

Our issue is that particular window does not have and "OK" or "Save" button, so it's hard to tell whether your selection took. We found that it was necessary to double-click the airport in order to get it to populate the departure (or arrival) fields in the flight planner. Try that and see if helps.

Richie