MSFS 2020 Airports

I purchased the KILM airport in MSFS 2020 and I can't tell any difference. I thought it was supposed to be higher quality graphics. Big disappointment.
Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Hi,

it’s not an airport I’m familiar with, but I’ve just been over to check it out… the default scenery looks different to the screenshots of addon. How do the advertised screenshots look compare to what you’re seeing? What graphics settings have you got the sim set to? (buildings etc)

Of course if the addon is poor quialiry.. it’s not really a fault of MSFS.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Was this add-on purchased and installed through the Market place or a file you downloaded and installed to the community folder?

This add-on was purchased and installed through the Market place.

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Has it definitely installed? I did one a few weeks ago and realised that it hadn't yet installed. Worth double checking in your content manager.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

Just a thought… I presume you know to quit and restart the sim after installing / updating via the content manager?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Just a thought… I presume you know to quit and restart the sim after installing / updating via the content manager?

Regards

Steve

I was going to suggest the same thing. I got the LVFR Jetbridges from Marketplace. I had the sounds but the bridges were still the old style. Shut down MSFS and restarted it. They were there. Can't figure out how I didnt remember to restart it but it happens.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Regards

Steve

Yes, I have ran the sim, quit and restarted the sim. The map even has KILM flagged as third party content.

Yes, I have ran the sim, quit and restarted the sim. The map even has KILM flagged as third party content.

Ok on that.

I haven’t bought the addon (and don’t want to now) but how does it compare with the screenshots? It looks different to the default scenery to me, but if you’re not seeing that, maybe you need to increase your graphics settings? (Buildings?) might be worth a look.

Any chance of a screenshot?

Regards

Steve

One other thought - do you have the freeware KILM from flightsim.to installed? If so, you'll need to remove it from your Community folder now that you have the payware version.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

One other thought - do you have the freeware KILM from flightsim.to installed? If so, you'll need to remove it from your Community folder now that you have the payware version.

No, just the KILM from the marketplace.