WOW... Too many years away, but I'm back!

Crashmurdock

Greetings everyone!

Just wanted to say hello. I'm a North Carolina redneck living in Thailand. I was an avid member of flightsim.com for many years but unfortunately that was many blue moons ago. My last serious flightsimming was as a beta tester for the defunct Microsoft Flight, which was a fantastic experience. I'm really sad that MS Flight didn't 'take off' as the Hawaiian scenery was stunning, the few aircraft gorgeous, and the missions incredibly immersive. I pretty much knew at the time that Microsoft trying to make it an XBox cash cow by hawking expensive micro-scenery areas and purposely omitting serious flightsim options wasn't going to 'fly', and of course it didn't. I stepped away from flightsimming after that but have recently been playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover on Steam and it is visually impressive and quite immersive, although not a true flightsim game.

Anyway, so here I am missing flightsimming so... I'm back... and with a few questions I'll post in the forums. I look forward to chatting with you guys and gals here in the trenches.

Cheers!

Archived