nvidia drivers causing issue?

Ok, I know there were issues with an Nvidia driver that came out in earl Dec. Caused CTD etc. No problems on my end with that after I uninstalled and rolled back to prev version, which I am still running.

I did pick up something strange with in the past few days that has never happened before and am wondering if anyone else had the issue. Its hard to describe so I apologize if this has been questioned.

Top few inches of my screen (running 2560x1440 at 170hz refresh) when panning around I get like a boxy pixeled thing going across after having sim open for about 45 mins. Inside cockpit view, outside view, switching views etc. Cant screen grab but its little squares. Anyways, playing around with it and could not fix it. Thought it might be overheating issue but its running at the following temps....

CPU 129F with utilization rate at 37%

GPU 168F with utilization at 85%

Changed some settings in Nvidia control panel, Changed settings inside the sim. Still did it until I changed from TAA to DLAA so I guess that is a cure for now.

The strange thing is that it never did this before. It has only happened in the past week.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

This sounds like screen tearing, which can be prevented by switching VSync on in the graphics settings.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the info on the drivers. I had 3 consecutive freezes or ctd's and was wondering the cause. All sorts of messing about attempting to stop it. Never thought of a 'borked' driver. Installed the previous driver and all is well again.

The timing was inconvenient as I had just learned to do a flight plan and got dumped every time ATC was redirecting to final. It was getting frustrating and I was considering attempting a physical internal dusting off the computer thinking it may be a cooling issue or maybe my machine was not up to snuff.

Everything works again as it should so thank you for bailing me out on this one.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

This sounds like screen tearing, which can be prevented by switching VSync on in the graphics settings.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

I tried it with Vsync on and off and the had the same issue.

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

I tried it with Vsync on and off and the had the same issue.

Your screen refresh rate may be too high for the sim at 170hz, try reducing it to 120hz or even 60hz.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Your screen refresh rate may be too high for the sim at 170hz, try reducing it to 120hz or even 60hz.

ya know, that thought never crossed my mind. Thanks! i give that a try.