Ultimate Terrain Canada-Alaska

beroun

Hi,

Following on my previous threat and for those with Ultimate Terrain Canada-Alaska add-on from Flight1.

Does the Vancouver YVR airport open for you without the FS shutting down?

Going to YVR shuts down my FS even after I cleared all my previous add-ons in this area. (CZBB, CYNJ and CYXX in the area

also shuts down my FS).

Thanks for any advise on possible conflicts.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Finally found out what caused YVR not to show up.

When I downloaded/purchased/installed UT Canada-Alaska from Flight1 it also installed part of UT USA - see below. Somehow this clashed with Canadian bgls. And was shutting down FS when I started or approached Vancouver. Disabling UT USA helped this and YVR is now open for traffic again.

[Area.894]

Title=Ultimate Terrain - Canada/Alaska

Local=SCENERY\UTCANADA

Layer=894

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Remote=

[Area.895] - have deactivated

Title=Ultimate Terrain - USA

Local=SCENERY\UTUSA

Layer=895

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Remote=

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Must correct my below post.

UT Alaska-Canada from Flight1 downloaded with portion of UT-USA. When both active my FS shuts down around Vancouver. When I deactivate UT-USA portion of the download the Vancouver does not shut down my FS BUT!! the shorelines around Fairchild or Detroit (borders with Canada) are SQUARE.

So, currently have both active UT Alaska-Canada and the UT USA portion which came with it and unfortunately have to avoid Vancouver area to prevent my FS shut downs.

Perhaps the full UT-USA install would fix this problem, but got so many add-ons in the US, that I am but hesitant to install it?

PS saw the post in AVSIM forum about the same issue at Vancouver. FS shutting down. So perhaps a flaw in the UT download?

Edited by beroun

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Gi'day Peter,

Re: Vancouver CTDs

Wondering if this could be the infamous UT seasonal (Fall) bug?

Try loading a flight with both UT sceneries (Canada-Alaska & USA) activated and set your date to sometime prior to September 20-21 or, alternatively, post December 20-21 (Northern Hemisphere autumn).

Also, saw your post on the Scenery Solutions forum ... check page 138 (27.10.2005) for discussion on the Fall bug.

Regards,

Dorian

Edited by caphavoc

You hit the nail on the head Dorian,

YES, Vancouver with UT A/C opens in Spring, Summer and Winter!!

But still bit of a mystery. After opening airport in above three seasons, it now also opens in the Fall?

No complaints!

Cheers,

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Gi'day,

Drilling down further, it appears the seasonal (Fall) bug may be the result of a typo in one line that calls the UT fall RailRoad textures.

One suggestion is to disable the option: Enhanced RR Textures.

Another is to check for any railroad files dated from March 2005 in the UT USA\Scenery files. If you find any, remove them (please, back them up ... just in case).

Regards,

Dorian

Edited by caphavoc