Default cockpit view

Hi, I wonder if default cockpit view (key F) can be easily modified by changing a simple setting or something.

In most aircraft it is too close to the panel to my tastes, and I'd like to fix it to a position a bit further away.

Any hint welcome, thanks in advance.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Pressing the spacebar or Ctrl+spacebar resets my cockpit views to default zoom & position.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have my cursor keys set up so I can move my position back/forward and left/right.

Pressing space bar (or F) resets to default, but I think you are wanting to setup this “default” view so that your view is as you want it when you start a flight?

I reckon there must be a way to do this.. but I don’t know how.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

This tutorial on the official forums explains how to configure cockpit views:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/guide-how-to-configure-cockpit-views-cameras-using-custom-camera-controller-assignments/171116

...or there are plenty of ready-made camera views for add-on aircraft available at flightsim.to:

https://flightsim.to/discover/better%20camera

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have my cursor keys set up so I can move my position back/forward and left/right.

Pressing space bar (or F) resets to default, but I think you are wanting to setup this “default” view so that your view is as you want it when you start a flight?

I reckon there must be a way to do this.. but I don’t know how.

Regards

Steve

Exactly, that's what I want.

I thought there might be a quick way to setup the default view once and for all, but maybe it's not that simple.

Thanks anyway for all replies.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

There are several Youtube videos showing how to create custom camera views and save them. Also I saw one that shows how to modify custom camera view files. You might try searching there and see if that is what you are looking for. The one I saw was by FlyBy Simulations-How to setup "Wing Views" & "Custom Camera Views" in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

If you want a permanent change in the default cockpit view, you can go to Options -> General Options -> Camera. Under the "Cockpit Camera" heading, you can adjust the sliders for Height, Horizontal Position and Zoom.

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this...

Edited by KiloWatt

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Greetings, Your assistance will be appreciated. I've been "flying" the Cessna 152 in MSFS 2020. At different points in the flights I've made, the power markedly diminishes and the plane invariably crashes. Let me be more specific: Prior to the flights, I complete the checklist (fuel supply adequate, fuel on, mixture rich [airport is at sea level], throttle 1/4 open, engine start. Engine instruments are looking good. Everything is fine. Take off is uneventful. At that point things become unpredictable. Two days ago, I climbed straight out to 10,000 feet - adjusting the mixture as appropriate to the altitude. After that 20 minute climb, however, the engine died. No explosions. The controls had not been touched. There was no unexplained fuel loss. I tried a restart on the way down - which was unsuccessful. This evening, I took off from that same runway and made it up to only 1000 feet agl - and the same thing happened. I looked at the "Failure" control panel and everything was off. I'm perplexed. Thoughts? Thanks.

Greetings, Your assistance will be appreciated. I've been "flying" the Cessna 152 in MSFS 2020. At different points in the flights I've made, the power markedly diminishes and the plane invariably crashes. Let me be more specific: Prior to the flights, I complete the checklist (fuel supply adequate, fuel on, mixture rich [airport is at sea level], throttle 1/4 open, engine start. Engine instruments are looking good. Everything is fine. Take off is uneventful. At that point things become unpredictable. Two days ago, I climbed straight out to 10,000 feet - adjusting the mixture as appropriate to the altitude. After that 20 minute climb, however, the engine died. No explosions. The controls had not been touched. There was no unexplained fuel loss. I tried a restart on the way down - which was unsuccessful. This evening, I took off from that same runway and made it up to only 1000 feet agl - and the same thing happened. I looked at the "Failure" control panel and everything was off. I'm perplexed. Thoughts? Thanks.

That is what I thought I was pointing out to him. A Youtube video and other videos showing him how to create a custom camera view to save. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

How many times are you going to post this?

You only need to post this one time!