Touring the Urals

Thought I would have a tour of central Russia. Started from Beloretsk in the F22 with a scenic flight of Yamantau mt.

Yam 1.jpg

Yam 3.jpg

I'm sure the abrupt obfuscation of the overlay here is a coincidence.

Yam 2.jpg

The inverted view.

Yam 4.jpg

Come on man! I want to see some granite mining ops.

Yam 5.jpg

Yam 6.jpg

Landed at Ufa where there didn't seem to be any overlay problems.

Then flew Perm to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk with a big northern dogleg to see Kosvinsky.

Kos 1.jpg

Kos 2.jpg

Yeah, right!

Spotted this airport that wasn't on the chart along with a lot of restricted areas which started generating on the display. Landed here (didn't count on the log) and the friendly people offered a bottle of vodka. I told them I was flying so they only gave me a shot.

Kos 3.jpg

It certainly is fun to fly over some interesting area that were previously denied. I wish the resolution of the terrain would be at least as good as the sat imagery.

Interesting trip! Did you notice how a number of areas are blurred out? I guess those are the super secret defense sites?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Beautiful scenery in your shots. Nice set!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys! Sorry to be so long to return!

Regarding the trip: yes, those were locations in Russia that roughly equate to Cheyenne Mt and Site R in the US.

One question for those that post here with the excellent shots of landing: how do you do it? I feel like a one arm paper hanger getting a fairly easy shot off the xbox thingy when I press windows G. I have maneuvered the drone in for a shot but nearly crash by the time I get the shot and back into the cockpit.