fatal error help please

tonygoole

Hi all

after installing FS Recorder I keep getting this fatal error when I shut down FSX.

I am guessing its not a fault of FS Recorder and just a coincidence.

As I think the error report is saying its a PMDG error.

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f5162a3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000e2603

Faulting process id: 0x8cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d065a38b7515ce

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL

Report Id: 546f7f08-d197-11e4-85c1-382c4ae822d2

Event Xml:

Would it be PMDG at fault or FSX?

Should I post in the PMDG forum for a solutions or has any one got and ideas.

many thanks

...fatal error when I shut down FSX...

It says "FSX has stopped working". After all, that's what you asked for by shutting down.

I get the error quite often, surely another module as I don't have PMDG.

But I never looked after it more closely, as I don't care. I suggest you do the same.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

It says "FSX has stopped working". After all, that's what you asked for by shutting down.

I get the error quite often, surely another module as I don't have PMDG.

But I never looked after it more closely, as I don't care. I suggest you do the same.

Wim

Umm, that's fine for you, but if one wants to log flight time, the flight will not record after a crash.

Fatal errors should never be something not to worry about in my opinion, regardless when they happen.

To OP-- I'd guess the recorder has something to do with it, as that's the last change you made. I have neither addon so I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Sounds like you are running out of memory to me..

Not enough left to write to when shutting down.

My guess anyway..

I use both the NGX and FSrecorder, and have no trouble with either unless I OOM..

Which happens every once in a while if I forget to lower my scenery settings when

running the NGX.. I'm on a 32 bit OS, and limited VAS..

Low demand planes I can run the scenery flat out max and no problems.

But not with the NGX on a 32 bit OS. I have to lower the setting a bit with it.

Even 64 bit OS's can have problems if running too much at once.

Try lower settings on scenery and such and see if it still does it.

Thanks guys. Not to worried when I close fsx... but it causes crash when I change view now and again ..... bit of a bugger 3hrs into a flight when you on decent to land.

Now see, f16jockey_2, this is why fatal errors are not good, regardless. It's a snowball effect----one crash leads to another, then another.....

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Hi guys thanks for the replies. I tried all suggestions. Ran fsx at min graphics settings and frame rate. Flew using keyboard only. No other programmes to do with fsx except pmdg... and still got crash.... so tried with 3 different fsx aircraft ... beech, cessna and 747... and no crash, so it has to be a PMDG problem. Would uninstall of PMDG rectify it and delete registry.... where does PMDG store in reg edit ?

I now only fly PMDG and you know what I did? I took myself and my PMDGs to Prepar3d..Been there for about 2 weeks...fly everyday...with the Triple 7....no crashes or freezes yet...Yes I did adjust sliders etc but for me it is great.....still have the FSX and Steam too.....al v

Archived