ILS Approaches at "Walking Speed"

Many of my ILS approaches seem to be at a crawl-like "walking speed"... I tap the "R" key once, twice--nothing happens--still crawling along toward the runway. This is what occurs about 80% of the time...If I tap it several times the rate may increase so much the landing aircraft is out of control at mock .75...I just wish the sim rate increase in MSFS was as easy to make happen as it is in FSX. But, I can't get that to happen...

Has anyone else found this to be true, and is there another way to get MSFS' sim rate to operate properly?...Thanks in advance for all suggestions...

Lee Graves

(Ryzen 5 3600 cpu; ASUS ROG B-550-F MB; 32 GB Corsair memory; GeForce 2060 video card; Sabrent 1 TB SSD; ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor; Updated Win 10; ANTEC case)

Hi Lee, I've had the same problem as you, but there is a solution.

Try SHIFT R and the number pad PLUS symbol to increase and the number pad minus key to decrease the sim rate.

I do not know if I had to assign those controls. Am thinking I did not have to.

Also, may I suggest the mod SHIFTZ Stats- https://www.flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats

It will allow the display of many items we would cycle through in FSX, including sim rate :D

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks DavidC2--I gave "Shift-R Num+/-" a trial this morning and I believe it picked-up the pace for my Alaska air ILS approach into KORD...The marker beacons sounded and overall it was a proper approach...Good suggestion...As for the "Shift-Z STATS" program, I'm still working on that; but, it sounds promising...Thanks again for taking the time to help...

Lee Graves

(Ryzen 5 3600 cpu; ASUS ROG B-550-F MB; 32 GB Corsair memory; GeForce 2060 video card; Sabrent 1 TB SSD; ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor; Updated Win 10; ANTEC case)