Recommend addons, tweaks for beginner

komplik

Hi,

I started with FSX few days ago. I have an older laptop and now I buy a new desktop computer.

Configuration is:

i7-4790k 4GHz with boost up to 4.4GHz. No plans to OC now.

MSI nVidia GTX960 2GB

8 GB RAM, 1600MHz

2x 22" full HD "no frame" LG LCD (3840x1080 for main view)

19 "1366x768 LCD panels for

Saitek Yoke, Quadrant, FMP

Can you recommend settings, add-ons and Tweeks how to get out of this system as much as possible?

I'm not sure if GPU is capable run triple screen for main view (5760x1080). For panels I can add secong GPU if necessary.

Did you take a glance through the stickies at the top of this form? Or do a search for Best Add-ons?

Just a thought. Don't get used to them, I have them very seldom, and even when I do, they get lonely and leave again...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

My best advice would be that whatever you do, do it slowly and one thing at a time. That way if something fails, you know right where to look.

Start with tweaking the base game until it runs as good as you can get it to run on your system and then start tweaking and adding on.

My best advice would be that whatever you do, do it slowly and one thing at a time. That way if something fails, you know right where to look.

Start with tweaking the base game until it runs as good as you can get it to run on your system and then start tweaking and adding on.

- You want 16 Gig RAM. FSX doesn't care, but other stuff might (like XPlane...)

- Do you fly VC? Then go with a GTX 980 and three 23-24" screens in Nvidia surround mode.

- Get an additional SSD and install Window 7 and FSX plus addons on it - exclusively. Nothing else.

- On your main HDD use whatever OS you want, Win8/10, Linux. Just leave the FSX disk alone.

- Use the bootmanager to switch between them

- use DX10 with Steve's fixer (or get P3D right away)

- Only start tweaking if you have problems. Do not start messing things up before you know you need to.

Preferred addons (mainstream):

1. EZDok camera

2. ActiveSkyNext

3. Orbx FTX global and Vector

4. Rex4 texture direct

or

1. Opus

2. Fscene total pack or GEX

3. Ultimate Terrain for your region

4. Rex4 Texture Direct

At least two really good payware airports.

Then fly around for a while and find out which kind of flying you prefer. GA or airliners? Helicopters, military? Choose your next addons from there.

Archived