G1000 Non-existing Features

In the Marketplace they show the G1000 with a working OBS button and procedure turns in magenta. I haven't been able to find these working features even though one You Tube video shows a working OBS button. According to the manual you are suppose to be able to switch between the NAV receivers by pushing the NAV button. This feature does not work either. Is this just wishful thinking or is MSFS 2020 just a Beta?
Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Yes it's just a Beta, still in development.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

In the Marketplace they show the G1000 with a working OBS button and procedure turns in magenta. I haven't been able to find these working features even though one You Tube video shows a working OBS button. According to the manual you are suppose to be able to switch between the NAV receivers by pushing the NAV button. This feature does not work either. Is this just wishful thinking or is MSFS 2020 just a Beta?

Mav, I'm only using the stock G1000 so maybe it's different. Are you confusing the NAV "knob" with the AP NAV "button"? The knob on the left of the PFD is pushed to switch between the NAV receivers for entering the frequency for each.

Mav, I'm only using the stock G1000 so maybe it's different. Are you confusing the NAV "knob" with the AP NAV "button"? The knob on the left of the PFD is pushed to switch between the NAV receivers for entering the frequency for each.

Yes, that's the knob on the left of the PFD. I keep pressing it and it doesn't do anything. I can change the frequency with it. I just can't switch between the two NAVs.

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Yes, that's the knob on the left of the PFD. I keep pressing it and it doesn't do anything. I can change the frequency with it. I just can't switch between the two NAVs.

OK great. In order to “switch between the 2 NAVs” you press the CDI button. It cycles through GPS, VOR1, VOR2.

Above the NAV knob is a small button with a vertical arrow. Click that button to toggle between Nav1 & Nav2 channels.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Above the NAV knob is a small button with a vertical arrow. Click that button to toggle between Nav1 & Nav2 channels.

Tim, isn’t that button to switch between the “Standby and Active” frequencies on your selected receiver rather than NAV1 and NAV2?

This is what makes it so hard to answer questions here. It’s sometimes unclear what is being asked and what the person understands about avionics. Let me also include that I’m no expert.

Yes you're right - the NAV knob should be pressed or rotated to select Nav1 or Nav2, when it's functional. Working Title have said on their Discord channel that Nav2 is impossible for now, to be added in a future update.

OK great. In order to “switch between the 2 NAVs” you press the CDI button. It cycles through GPS, VOR1, VOR2.

Thank You. I had found that once before. But, I forgot it.

Yes you're right - the NAV knob should be pressed or rotated to select Nav1 or Nav2, when it's functional. Working Title have said on their Discord channel that Nav2 is impossible for now, to be added in a future update.

Thanks Tim. i am trying to figure out how to fly Holding Patterns using the VOR.

I have always been a VFR pilot in the past. i only used the VOR to fly from point to point. this can be very confusing trying to figure out how to fly a precise HOLD. I was hoping there would be patterns already configured in the G1000 to make the transition easier. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you again for the help.

Mav

You're welcome Mav. There are many excellent tutorial videos on YouTube, here's one which covers VOR navigation with the MSFS G1000 (the default one but the principles should apply):