New aircraft, DC-10 available?

You can’t fly it (yet)

Personally I think it’s a bit pointless. You can only look around it, via the hanger. You can take a look inside but that’s about it.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Just to add a bit more context. It's included to raise awareness of something (don't remember what - guess their attempt didn't work me, ha).

But no, it's not flyable at the moment. However it wouldn't suprise me if, in the future, a third party modder frankensteins it into the air with scraps of FSX code or something. Stranger things have happened...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Oh... it's to raise awareness of a charity organisation, IMO a pretty good one:

Orbis International to support their mission of ending avoidable blindness. They get eye doctors to donate their time, to help train doctors in poor countries and regions, so that they can grow the number of new doctors who can bring vision to people otherwise blind.

This is the second generation aircraft, the first was a former FedEx DC-10-30 I think, and it's been replaced by an MD-10 (a DC-10 with an upgraded flight deck, more akin to the MD-11... I think that's been mostly a FedEx thing, but I don't know for sure).

From what I gather, it's not flyable, more a bit like scenery to walk through. But maybe in future they might upgrade it to fly... but no word about that at this time. Might be doubtful of getting a flyable version. But it's a nice addon... really I think it should be made into default MS scenery, and placeable at any airport (ok maybe not bush strips!). Then later make it into a default flyable. That would be fun! Fly to some of the most remote and exotic locations, bring hope to the poorest blind people...