MSFS 2020 Not Load Fully

Game will not load fully. After you Click the Fly to start your flight it will not load. Program does not freeze but just does nothing.

When I first purchased it worked great even in VR mode, but with all the upgrades and fixes it has just gotten worse.

We travel and do not always have access to internet and game will not start and asks for CD

Any help would sure be appreciated

Thanks

Please help me. as u seem to have the same issue:

I am having problems with MSFS loading slow and when finally getting the “welcome screen”, I can make a flight but when I PRESS FLY it takes forever and then just sits. The only way out or off is to press CTRL, ALT DEL AND USE TALK MANAGER! This happens after TWO new downloads and reinstalls from the store. After upgrade V!

I have downloaded and installed the HOTFIXES! There are no 3rd party programs running! Community folder is EMPTY!

Before I had my appdata loaded to a different directory i.e. C:\MSFS2020> thinking that was the problem I reinstalled it straight from the store. Still had the same problem. I had it loaded with the separate directory before with no problems!

Note: before I had little square pop up saying that “another copy of the sim was running”!. When I purchased the sim last Oct I somehow got two copies paid for…due to the pandemic I have yet been able to resolve this with Microsoft! I am now wondering is this is impacting my issues. Also, in task manager it show 2 running. The store is impossible for me to gain contact!

I have since purchased a $3400.00 PC in hopes of solving this issue I want to be sure that downloading from the store is not the culprit before I load the sim!

We travel and do not always have access to internet and game will not start and asks for CD

A good internet connection is a requirement, especially now that Xbox users have joined us. The MS Servers will be much busier. The “ask for CD” message is definitely down to your internet.. or lack of it.

There is supposed to be a way of running the sim offline, but I’m not sure how to do it.

Sorry I’m not much help

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Please help me. as u seem to have the same issue:

I am having problems with MSFS loading slow and when finally getting the “welcome screen”, I can make a flight but when I PRESS FLY it takes forever and then just sits. The only way out or off is to press CTRL, ALT DEL AND USE TALK MANAGER! This happens after TWO new downloads and reinstalls from the store. After upgrade V!

I have downloaded and installed the HOTFIXES! There are no 3rd party programs running! Community folder is EMPTY!

Before I had my appdata loaded to a different directory i.e. C:\MSFS2020> thinking that was the problem I reinstalled it straight from the store. Still had the same problem. I had it loaded with the separate directory before with no problems!

Note: before I had little square pop up saying that “another copy of the sim was running”!. When I purchased the sim last Oct I somehow got two copies paid for…due to the pandemic I have yet been able to resolve this with Microsoft! I am now wondering is this is impacting my issues. Also, in task manager it show 2 running. The store is impossible for me to gain contact!

I have since purchased a $3400.00 PC in hopes of solving this issue I want to be sure that downloading from the store is not the culprit before I load the sim!

Mine sometimes takes ages to load up... whilst other times it’ll surprise me and load very quickly. MS Servers are probably one of the main causes.

Is the MS Store showing both Flight Sim (standard) and Digital Ownership twice? If it thinks you’ve got two copies on the same pc that probably won’t help.

You can install Flight Sim on as many computers as you wish... but you can only run on at a time. You shouldn’t have any problems with installing it on the new pc.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles