MSFS2020 Wont Load all of a sudden

Hello:

I have been running MSFS with no issues since it came out. Now, all of a sudden, I try to start it, I get a black screen for a few seconds, then nothing; back to my desktop.

Any suggestions on what might have happened?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi,

have you got the latest update? It should be 1.18.15.0

If you haven’t already done this, go into the ms store and click on get updates (or steam if you have that edition)

Hopefully this will work, although I (& many others) had a bit of trouble updating.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi,

have you got the latest update? It should be 1.18.15.0

If you haven’t already done this, go into the ms store and click on get updates (or steam if you have that edition)

Hopefully this will work, although I (& many others) had a bit of trouble updating.

Regards

Steve

Thanks. I actually didnt, but do now. But still, it wont load.

I had problems with today's update but I eventually got into MSFS and started to fly. But I really wanted to mend the bindings on my Bravo Throttle after the previous update.

All Options except Controls Options opened fine. But the latter just goes into 'loading' mode and stays there. So no chance of sorting out my controls!

Anyone else had this one?

Robert

Hi Robert, I noticed today that the control page is taking a while to open. Mine takes a few seconds, with “loading” on the screen. It did load for me but then paused again when I clicked on some of the controls it never used to do this.

Dave, could you have an anti virus program or firewall blocking it? I had that last year sometime.. turned out to be Microsoft’s own “Defender” that was preventing it from launching. I added an exception and it sorted it. I understand Microsoft soon sorted the problem shortly afterwards but you may have a different one that’s blocking it?

I take it the update worked ok and you’ve now got 1.18.15.0?

Regards

Steve.

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi,

I fell foul of the 'install mandatory update...' - aka 1.18.15.0 - except it wasn't in my available updates.

After trying numerous 'solutions', in desperation I issued Repair & Reset for apps; Game Services, and the X-Box apps - even tho' I do not have an X-Box - and at the next attempt to start FS i worked. No 'mandatory update' message, and I am still on 14, but it works.

Mobo: Asustek Sabretooth Z87: CPU: Intel I7-4770; RAM: 16Gb; GPU: Radeon RX 480; C Drive 150Gb SSD

Hard Drive Total 6652 GB; TM T.16000M & TWCS

Hi Robert, the firewall suggestion was actually aimed at Dave (the OP)

I think the code from page not opening must be a bug. Mine took several seconds to open.. and of course yours isn’t opening at all. Not a lot I can suggest at the moment (currently at work) but it’s probably worth reporting to Zendesk

Regards

Steve

Robert, just a thought.. I don’t know what peripherals you have (joystick.. yoke..etc) but you could maybe unplug them (or one at a time) and see if it loads

Regards

Steve

I don't want to steal this thread but I have the same problem. No matter what I tried I could not get MSFS to load. It never got past the screen prior to the checking for updates (w/yellow small plane). I also tried resetting the game and find myself downloading the game again. I was on the very latest update.

Ensure Community folder is deactivated (just rename it) to test the base game with nothing third party.

The firewall has been mentioned, also check security software to be sure the MSFS.exe is allowed, sometimes 3rd party AV have a freak out and get a bit block-happy.

Just an update: After a lot of strange issues with the MS Store not wanting to download it suddenly did and I managed to run the installer again. It would not let me install into the root of the drive I'm using for MSFS so I had to create a directory. It's installed now and I tried a couple of flights. All OK at the moment but I'm not feeling reassured about the MS Store issues as well as the fact I had to reinstall on a subdirectory.