Take a look around it.

Hi Folks,

Having trouble with the keyboard mapping to the point I can't continue with the first training session.

My first task is to look around the plane using the Shift/Left/Right/Up/Down arrows.

No action. The only way forward in the training is to use Ctrl instead of Shift.

Later on, when in cockpit view, I notice that Shift/L/R/U/D interact with the yoke!?

I go into control assignment and Shift/L/R/U/D are assigned to the camera direction?

I have other key assignment issues as well, but first things first.

This is all rather frustrating.

Can anyone offer me some assistance please?

Thanks.

I had the same problems as you for my first few days, then once I learned how to re-assign tasks to keys that made sense to me, I also saw that my Thrustmaster joystick's buttons could also be programmed in ways that made sense to me, which was not usually the suggested way.

I never looked back after that; I no longer have any idea what Absobo's original assignments were, I have completely re-assigned everything to the way it makes sense for me. For example I don't use the shift, Ctl or alt keys for anything (with one exception), any keyboard keys I use (and I don't use very many) are single push. Then I discovered that you can buy a cheapo Xbox controller on Amazon or E-bay for $20 or less, and it has two joysticks and about 14 switches and buttons that I now use to control the drone and all my views. I bought a throttle quadrant, mainly because I needed something to use for elevator trim, but one of the sliders is handy for the throttle too, and it has six other switch positions.

Most people here don't go off and take full control of control assignments like I have, but I think I would have gone nuts trying to adjust to some French guy's ideas of how to control a plane. For me, the issue is completely under control now.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

The easiest way to look around is with the mouse. Just press the middle button (wheel) and you can pan around. Press it again and the cursor comes back. Also holding the right button does it (or at least it did before the last edit updates)

If you want to customise your controls, I recommend watching some YouTube videos, like this excellent one by “Squirrel”

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

In the very first lesson, the first task is to look around the plane using the Shift-Up/Down/Left/Right buttons. I tried that and nothing happened. I had a look in the configuration and indeed that's what's assigned. Then why doesn't it work? I found out I could use Control-Up/Down/Left/Right enabled me to move forward in the lesson.

I did some further research and found there was no way I could assign those keys.

Pressing Shift-Up assigned Shift 8.

Pressing Shift-8 on the numeric pad in numeric mode resulted in Shift-8-Up, three keys.

Pressing Shift-8 on the numeric pad in non-numeric mode resulted in Shift-8.

I was not able to assign Shift-Up.

I'm at a loss.

No problem. When you say “shift+up” I take it you are pressing the arrows on the keypad... have you tried just pressing the cursor keys?

keyboard (Small).jpg

As I said previously though.. the easiest way to look around is to simply press the middle button on your mouse (the wheel)

Press it once & you can look around. Press again & the cursor returns.

You can customise this (& every other key/button) in the control settings too.

EDIT: just realised you’ve got two posts about this. Had me confused for a moment :)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles