Help... canot re install fs2020

Could not start fs2020 today because it opened the microsoft page instead... tried to repair, spent an hour on the web trying to fix things to no avail

Only choice was to reinstall

The microsoft store says I own the procuct but install does not work

I restated my Dell numerous times, signed out and up from MS store several times even tried a "wsreset" command without any success

I finally start to install fs2020 on my other much less powerful computer and saw that there is a digital ownnership item which is needed, and it download the game right now

Problem is: I cannot find this digital ownership thing on my 8-month old dedicated flightsim computer...

Any idea short of spending quality time over the phone with Microsoft?

Thanks in advance

J-Louiis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

Hi, yes you are a correct that Digital Ownership is required. You would normally download the standard version (doesn’t matter which version you bought) and also Digital Ownership. Both should be listed in the MS Store.

Are you saying digital ownership is not showing in the store?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

No Steve, although the store says Digital Ownership is available forpc, xbox,etc.. nothing happens when I hit the PC button

And another page it says I own the digital Ownership, but when I hit download, nothing happens either

Well my FS2020 was working so well since August, maybe someone will shed some light on this issue

Happy flying!

J-Louis

Sorry about this, but can you clarify something?

You say nothing happens when you press the “pc button” in the store? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it saying it’s available for pc & Xbox. I certainly don’t recall having a pc button. All it’s ever said is Install or Launch (once it’s been installed)

Have you tried updating everything in the store? Maybe Gaming Services needs updating. Certainly worth checking

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

You are right it is not a button just a selection but there is nothing which happens when I hit Install

J-Louis

Ok no worries. Just wanted to check we were looking at the same thing.

I’d check if any updates are available though.

Regards

Steve