I have been using the MSFS 2020 program for around 3 months. Yesterday it stopped working. The program icon disappeared from the task bar. When I clicked on AllApps the program showed up but was grayed out. I had made no changes to my computer since the MSFS had run previously.

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. It appeared to install correctly. It requested and I then entered the 20 letter code from the card that was in in the box when I bought it. The MSFS 2020 program then immediately stopped working. I can again see the program grayed out in the list of programs.

Any help would be welcomed.

Ron

Hi First you should not have to enter the code again it is stored with your MS account, try updating apps in microsoft store click on the 3 dots on the right and side of the screen, make sure windows updates are up to date, and you have the latest graphics driver installed, I think problems can occur when the app is installed from different places I have the disk version and have just done a reinstall there is no quick way to do it lol What i did is left click on the start menu scroll down to microsoft flight simulator, right click choose more and then app settings you you will then see 4 options terminate, Repair, Reset and uninstall i always think uninstall is a bit drastic and use reset but if you feel the simm is bad then uninstall, one thing you have to be carful with is the install path you choose if you are putting it on a different drive to the default witch is C drive set the correct path to the drive you want to use or go with the default just follow the on screen prompts, after its finished installing click continue and the simm will load when loaded go into content manager and install anything that needs it there may be 30 items to install if you need any more help just post i will do my best to try and help good luck.

you will need disk 1 in your drive.

Kind regards

Andrew