Mission Pack experience?

Hi all.

I used many Mission Packs with FSX, as I liked the variety of flight locations & duration, aircraft, weather, etc. and the ease to load and use.

I received the attached today and am curious if anyone has tried any of these products with the new MFS and if so, ease of use, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Simulshop link: https://www.simulshop.com/product/eurowings-a320-missions-pack-msfs/

My system specs:

W10 64 Bit OEM Version 2004 (19041.685)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E; 32GB RAM

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700KF 8-Core/8-Thread Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 8GB

No Mission will be good and usable until dev understands that REAL ATC chatter and voices are essential for mission immersion

In the past, FS9 and FSX there were excellent missions with REAL atc audios.

I wrote to the original developpers and they said are unable to port it to MSFS due to changes in file format missions

shame

There are few things that irritate me more than computed generated voices or some guy at home recording audios

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

No Mission will be good and usable until dev understands that REAL ATC chatter and voices are essential for mission immersion

In the past, FS9 and FSX there were excellent missions with REAL atc audios.

I wrote to the original developpers and they said are unable to port it to MSFS due to changes in file format missions

shame

There are few things that irritate me more than computed generated voices or some guy at home recording audios

I use FS ATC Chatter and am pretty happy with it. ATC chatter from regions all over the world.

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-overview/

Note: It does not replace the actual ATC voice when speaking to you. It is background chatter only.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

yes, i know ATC chatter and used it a lot in the past since it came out,...i dont know, early 2000s

still, external programs are fine but require one more preparation step in the make believe.

What I mean is a complete mission, usually approaches, replicating a real life flight with its real ATC

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=84228393

take a look at author Fermin Fernandez

these are excellent approaches that include the actual ATC instructions for each part of the approach *plus the background chatter and radio noise which is typical in aviation

There is also an italian guy, Patrizio Migliola that did similar approaches and complete flights with Alitalia

its a complete different story

its not a background chatter that you KNOW they are not talking to you and never will

In these missions you must listen carefully because one of those ATC chats might be directed to you, mentioning your airline and flight number, so you LIVE the mission in a very realistic mood

gives you a wonderful immersion feeling

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

will add a bit more

the "Adventures" thats how they were called in the late XX century, were extremely well built...

if you got off-course a copilot voice would tell you a heading to correct it,

only when the plane was in a set of boundary latitude longitude limits of the waypoint the ATC Chatter would activatre with a REAL atc instruction to your plane towards the next waypoint, clear you to descend to another altitude, reduce speed, etc., all real atc instructions to that particular airline you are flying

I have searched and searched for new Missions/Adventures but this format was completely lost and developpers arent unable to catch it anymore

It seems as a new developper generation got into the market they were completely ignorant of the standard we had in the past and introduced low quality adventures in the next versions of P3D, late FSX, and MSFS2020...ZERO adventures so far.

Apparently developpers thought it was "ok" to have ATC recorded by the author´s voice at home...in a total clumsy and unreal atmosphere

And users, by not knowing what we had in the distant past, take them from granted as "thats the way missions come"

They shouldnt

An atc instruction can never be emulated in a room by some amateur, in needs all the static and variables of a real world communication and phrasing. Yes, there is a standard phrasing but if you just use the official standard phrasing you will get MS computer atc voice, which is also a joke. Real life carries a mixture of standard atc language plus uncontrollable variables due to the day, pilot, weather, ...due to life

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan