Is Brake To Vacate a Gauge\Panel Switch, or a Procedure?

mike281

I know that BTV represents Braking To Vacate a runway as soon as possible in crowded high traffic airports, in order to make landing space available for other aircraft. I don't know if it is an aircraft function, activated by a pilot controlled item such as a switch or button or if it is a landing\taxi procedure. If it is a gauge in (FS9), can anyone please tell me where I can download it, or what panel has it. Thanks! Mike

The FS9 default B747-400 has one as an example.:

FS9 Default B747-400 Auto-Brake Switch.jpg

and in the Panel.cfg main window list is:

gauge07=Boeing747-400!Autobrakes Switch, 521, 90

See my comments on how to bring in a switch from another aircraft in this thread:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?288145-Setting-the-Altitude

You'd have to pick a model where the color of the gauge matches the panel color you are editing. The B73x series is a default source but other aircraft may have them.

Some have more steps. You'd have to pick the amount suitable for your landing speed and touchdown to exit distance. If you have reverse thrust you can arm that as well to deploy on touchdown.

RTO is a special case for departures of Rejected Take Off where you can arm the auto-brakes and they will trigger if under the V1 speed (80 knots for some airliners) and you slam on both brakes with throttle moved to idle - not sure on the sequence.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your message! I am familiar with the Autobrake, i have put it and it's light in several panels. I thought that BTV was something i had missed in all these years! So, basically BTV is using the Autobrake at a setting which should allow the aircraft to use the nearest possible runway turnoff, to allow other planes to land. Thanks for your help! Mike

Archived