My repaints show up wierd in fs2004

boomtisqwerty

Hi guys. I started repainting aircraft/modifying plane textures for my own use the other day and I have had a very weird problem that I have never seen before. When I select the aircraft texture I want to use and open it in Gimp 2, I do my editing, export it and overwrite the default texture in the aircrafts folder and when I go to open my sim to check out my new paint, it shows up all stripy and weird and nothing like the paint that I created. My exact steps are: Create a backup of the aircraft texture I'm editing (specifically Tim Conrad's Pilatus PC-7), open it up in Gimp 2, do my edits, export it to the aircraft texture folder, export as 24 bit bmp then open up fs2004 and find that the aircraft textures look messed up. If someone can help me with this problem, I will genuinely worship them :). Thanks,

Ryan

WOOP! WOOP! 100th POST!:cool:

how do I save it as a 1024 x 1024?

EDIT: I am not using the paint kit. I am editing the Swiss Air force livery to my own private livery so shouldn't it already be 1024 x 1024?

EDIT: Ok I now used the paint kit and I have managed to resize the image with Gimp down to 1024 x 1024 but now it shows up grey and texture-less. This is starting to frustrate me now :mad:

Don't worry guys. After hours of fiddling around and experimenting with it, I finally managed to get my textures to show up properly. I had to create an identical DDS texture to go along with the bitmap texture I made. Maybe I will upload them to this site soon? Maybe even take request's for custom textures. e.g. If someone wants their name on it. Thanks for the help guys,

Ryan

Archived