Shockwave lights settings for default Dash 8-100

I seem to have messed up my light settings for the default Dash 8 and now ALL the lights appear 15 feet or so behind the aircraft. And I forgot to back up the fresh install settings. Does anyone have the correct Shockwave light settings?

This is what it is currently set to:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.0 = 3, -30.1, -42, 5, fx_shockwave_navred ,

light.1 = 3, -30.1, 42, 5, fx_shockwave_navgre ,

light.2 = 2, -29.9, 41.7, 5, fx_shockwave_strobe ,

light.3 = 2, -29.9, -41.7, 5, fx_shockwave_strobe ,

light.4 = 1, -65.0, 0.00, 18.4, fx_shockwave_beaconh ,

light.5 = 4, -7.91, 0.00, 2.64, fx_shockwave_vclight,

light.6 = 5, -28.0, -15.5, 4.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

light.7 = 5, -28.0, 15.5, 4.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

light.8 = 5, -4.0, 0, -4.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

Thanks

Using a program which can extract CAB files (such as WinRAR or others) you can pull the original DASH8 files right off the CD and replace your bad files on your HD.

Otherwise:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.0 = 3, -30.1, -42, 5, fx_navred ,

light.1 = 3, -30.1, 42, 5, fx_navgre ,

light.2 = 2, -29.9, 41.7, 5, fx_strobe ,

light.3 = 2, -29.9, -41.7, 5, fx_strobe ,

light.4 = 1, -65.0, 0.00, 18.4, fx_beacon ,

light.5 = 4, -7.91, 0.00, 2.64, fx_vclight,

Note: If the OFFSETS coded into the actual "shockwave" files are different than the offsets coded into the fx_nav* files used in the original model CFG, you will have to create new locations for the lights to make up for the different offsets in the "shockwave" files.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Thanks for you help. Actually that's exactly how I got the original numbers back (that I posted in the example). It is in fact the Shockwave numbers that I need.

Sorry, I did not realize until just now how that could have been misread. I meant "I forgot to back up the fresh [shockwave] install settings."

And when you explained how the Shockwave effects use different offsets I knew exactly what you were talking about. I just couldn't word it as good as you did. :)

Great minds think alike!

So yes, I need the Dash 8 numbers that come from a fresh Shockwave install. I can probably back up all my default aircraft and install Shockwave again. But it's a PITA.

As A2A made it so that the installer MOVES your existing aircraft.cfg files to a backup directory (that they don't tell you about) and puts in their own. I don't like that, it makes me nervous. I discovered that scary moment when I launched FSX and all my hundreds of liveries for all the default aircraft were missing! OMG. Then I went to examine a few of the cfg files and discovered all my edits and changes were gone as well. I was freaking out. I thought the installer had overwritten my aircraft.cfg files! Neither the installer nor the manual for Shockwave tell you it's going to do this.

I found this backup directory while in panic mode. They should not do that. There should be an option to install the lights for the default aircraft or let the user do it manually. I wish the Shockwave light settings for the default aircraft would be listed in the manual, or on that "database" site they talk about. Somewhere. But it's not anywhere. That's why I ask.

Thanks again.

WarthogCC, are you flying the FSX default (AI only) Dash-8, or just making it look better in its AI role by adding Shockwave lights?

I read somewhere that it was possible to fly (some?) AI airplanes with some tweaking and the addition of some other airplane's panel... but now I can't find any thread that discusses this.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Archived