Random stuttering every few seconds

c.r36156636

Latest update, and another THANK YOU to everyone. A bit of a long read but if anyone else is following to correct the same problem I am hoping to be as detailed as I can.

longbreak754 - I went looking and did find that defrag setting set to automatic, it was hidden at first as I have "Defraggler" installed. Uninstalled, killed the automatic settings, re-installed. Checked Malwarebytes and Win defender for anything else I could think of. Still hiccups :(

Today's test put me at a gate in LAX where I just sat there and let Ultimate Traffic inject planes etc. It was set to night so I had the sequenced runway lights in my view. Sure enough, every so often it would freeze. (In an earlier post I mentioned that I tried a similar test with Ultimate Traffic uninstalled to no avail) Flying at LAX caused no additional freezes but they were there. So no matter traffic / scenery density, or what plane.

Side Note on Ultimate traffic - There is one guaranteed freeze up, which is when Ultimate traffic first injects traffic after boot up, it also happens in FS9, but I expect that. Today I started FSX and let it sit for about 10 minutes for aircraft to spawn, however the random freezes continue. I am convinced that this has something to do with AI, but that still contradicts my tests as when everything is off / uninstalled (UT) I still get the freezes occasionally.

Also toyed with the FPS slider again, everything from 30 (1/2 my monitor refresh rate) to unlimited. Not much difference there in performance.

Out in Google land there are many people in the same boat, errr, sim cockpit :) ; so this just might be a "just live with it" deal until I can spend some time perhaps installing out of the box just to see if default install does the same thing. For now if I want to enjoy FSX, I live with the limitations as I do in FS9. The new MSFS is installed as well and am on a learning curve with it, it really runs very well for me but I think I need a degree to use it LOL. Hence, FS9 and FSX for the fun of it all!!

I'll be lurking and if I catch this freezer bug I'll share the fix...

Thanks again everyone and Happy Flying

Mike

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

Hi all, answering my own posts here...

When I installed FSX originally on this PC I started by installing out of the box, (Gold deluxe version) then renamed the installs etc and copied my old FSX folder in from my old WIN-7 PC. I was reading out there in Google land so many mixed statements about the "acceleration" that I do not recall installing it, as seemed most stated not to. I do in fact have SP-2 installed though.

Also, I have the "Preview DX-10" unchecked.

Any thoughts on the stuttering based on either of these? I don't want to damage things more by installing stuff that I shouldn't at this point.

Thanks again, and you knew I would still be at it looking for the culprit LOL. System specs in my sig regarding this as well.

Mike

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS