Flight yoke system

My family gave me this for Christmas! It arrived today, MFS2020 has it, default settings for everything. I have changed a few to suite me needs. Does anyone have a good sensitivity profile I can try? The default is really off, you have to pull on the yoke to the stops to get the plane off the ground and then it climes very high2k/ft a min or more until I try to get the nose back to normal and them it goes too hard the other way. turning is the same way, its all or nothing. Allerions and elevators are the same way. My rudder control is set to a throttle position and is ok.

Control sensitivities have been the bane of my life and the same for quite a few others. It seems to depend on your hardware and my joystick is not supported. I can use my yoke and rudder pedals OK though but they are quite old and a bit sticky.

All you can do is play around with the sensitivity settings until you get them as best you can. Good luck

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

There are some good youtube tutorials available.

Here's one to put you on the right track.

My feeling is that it doesn't really matter if FS "recognizes" a device I'm adding because it's a certainty that I'm going to be custom tailoring them anyway.

Once your plane is in the air all you need to do to get the sensitivity right is to pause, and hit escape then "controls", then select the controller you are working on and make an adjustment to the sensitivity, when you're done hit save --> resume and unpause to try the change out. It's a quick and easy process, you can go back and forth in no time. (use pause not active pause and you'll save some headaches).

Get to know the "controls" function, it's not going to ever go away.

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Just out of curiosity which one did you get?

I got the Honeycomb Alpha and havent made any changes to my default settings.

The only one I may change is the Hat view so that I can spin around rather than single stop quick look.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I got the Logitech Pro Flight Yoke System. So far I like it and will spend much of the coming weekend trying to figure out the sensitivity and settings. I have to admit this is one of the reasons I love the new FS, I love learning, I just wish i had more patients. AD:pilot:

I dabbled with earlier MS flight sims decades ago. I decided to get seriously into it with MSFS 2020 this year. I have a serious simmer's desktop on order from HP (Intel i7 processor, 32gb RAM, Nvidia 3070 gpu) that'll ship on Jan. 27. In the meantime, I'm assembling components, starting with the Logitech/Saitek yoke and throttle, which arrived yesterday. I see there's a mode switch on the yoke, enabling you to set up modes for several different planes. Anybody know if there's a way to apply these modes to the PS/2-connected throttle quadrant?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

The MSFS2020's "controls" page allows you to assign any key or switch to any task that they have implemented, and they've provided detailed commands for about everything. The program comes with standard assignments which for the most part I have deleted and changed to the way I want them (the primary flight control surfaces remain the same of course).

Even the commands for the camera, which are quite extensive, are best reassigned IMO. For example, I have added an xbox controller just to handle the drone and cockpit views. I have unassigned all the keyboard commands, and I am not going to use any commands that require multiple keys pressed at the same time (with one exception: I use cmd -> 0 through 9 to set the quick view inside the cockpit, so that I can just press one of those keys to recall the view I had setup previously).

I am expecting a throttle quadrant from Amazon soon, when that arrives, I will be going back to "controls" to reassign the keys I am currently using for power, flaps, elevator trim and a few other things.

The controls screen gives us near complete control of everything.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I'm looking forward to programming my peripherals. I got my rudder pedals today; multipanel is coming Saturday, TrackIR 5 on Friday, and radio panel next week. I've been watching YouTube videos on button mapping, etc.

Maybe you can answer another question for me. I have no interest in the XBox Game Pass subscription. I just want MSFS. It looks like you can buy a digital edition in the MS store without the game pass. They post two prices, one with Game Pass and one without. I'm planning on buying the premier deluxe edition. (After all, living 85 miles from San Francisco, how can I pass up the "handcrafted" rendering of SFO?) The Game Pass edition is $95 and change. The other option is $119. Will MS still insist on Game Pass for that price?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

MSFS has nothing to do with the xbox "product", it is separate.

I just referred to the controller which you can buy on Amazon for as little as $15.00. It has a usb connection and MSFS recognizs it as "controller". You can assign anything you want to it's two joysticks, one four position switch or (at least) ten other switches. It's really a handy thing to have.

Here are the assignments I made:

Decrease cockpit view height L (joystick) down

Increase cockpit view height L up

Translate cockpit view left L left

Translate cockpit view right L right

Cockpit look down R (joystick) down

Cockpit look left R left

Cockpit look right R right

Cockpit look up R up

Attach Drone next target RS (push down on right joystick)

Attach Drone previous target LS (push down on left joystick)

Decrease drone translation speed RB (flipper)

Increase drone translation speed LB (flipper)

Translate drone backward L down

Translate drone down cross down

Translate drone forward L up

Translate drone left L left

Translate drone right L right

Translate drone up cross up

Pitch drone down R up

Roll drone right RT (flipper)

Pitch drone up R down

Yaw drone left R left

Yaw drone right R right

Roll drone left LT (flipper)

The two little buttons in the middle and the cross left and right

remain unassigned unless you have something for them.

The X,Y,A,B can be assigned for the altitude and heading bugs so that

you never again have to struggle to turn those knobs.

This allows complete control of the drone which is a wonderful bonus that Asobo gave us.

Edited by sfojimbo