FSX Graphics issues

OK, I will clean it in a bit. Also, vanilla FSX was stable, and even now the issue does not persist with low detail addons and default planes/scenery.

if vanilla fsx runs ok then clearly it is either an add on or when you increase gfx details you rig cannot cope, for whatever reason. Your gfx card is more than capable as is your ram etc. .

To me this looks like the textures are loaded in very slowly or not at all (black sky, blue mountains). Do things improve if you pause the sim and wait? If that is the case, then 1. check your HDD speed / SSD alignment, whatever is applicable in your case. 2. make sure you dont have fancy values for texture loading in your fsx.cfg - I suggest renaming it and let FSX build a new one - just to check.

While 3.6GHz is a capable machine, it is not a powerful machine by today's standards. I run at 3.5 and I'm completely satisfied with my flight experience.

Since I do not want to blow away the careful settings I have learned to use, if an add-on reduces performance, I toss it.

You cannot run FSX at max options with this CPU speed. Any high definition add-on you put in at this point which raises the demand (adds details) will slow down your machine. You will be forced to lower your options settings to compensate or stop using the add-on.

If an add-on you cannot live without slows down your machine (slow texture loading, stutters) you will have to lower your graphics settings to use it. There is often a misunderstanding all add-ons improve FSX performance. Often the developer of the add-on has a more powerful machine than yours and in testing, does not see the problems (or doesn't care.)

At the end of the day, it's the choices the users of FSX make which determines the balance between visual satisfaction and performance. It's not a flaw in FSX which causes these problems. A bucket can only hold so much water.

If it hurts when you do that, stop doing that.

A common cause of black screens is having FSX dialogs open when task switching. To regain a working screen, switch between Full and Windowed mode once or twice.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived