Msfs 2020 & oculus quest 2 vr

Hi All

I'm thinking of ordering an Oculus Quest 2 so I can use it with MSFS 2020 as well as stand alone apps from the Oculus store and steam games on my PC.

I have read that a facebook account is needed to set up and log in to the OC2, so I am planning to use my wife's facebook account to do that as I don't have one nor want one.

Any advice anyone has on what it's like / things that I should consider if I go ahead (such as how to best achieve an easy install, any additional hardware / apps I should consider getting, possible facebook issues with my pc/steam accounts would be much appreciated) !

Thanks

I suggest that you get your own FB account, even if you don't post in it. The Oculus Quest is bound tightly to it's Facebook account. I had ordered one from Amazon, but after it arrived, when I found out how embedded to Facebook it was, I returned it unopened.
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I agree. I won’t buy the Quest 2 for that very reason

They are demanding you have a Facebook account and you must tell them everything about you. If you use a false name or an alias your brand new headset will become useless and no longer work.

I own the original Quest and simply had to open an Oculus account.

I now have two years to open a Facebook account or most features will stop working. This is against their original terms and conditions.

I will not be opening a Facebook account.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles