Sharing info might help someone

OK so just wanted to share some info of mine along the way maybe able to help some of u guys. So i started out 3 weeks ago downloaded and installed to my main drive and had no issues at all!! About a week and a half later i had to change my mother board i had some issues with it, so after setting it up i also did some updates and all hell broke loose. Now the game kept kept crashing as it was trying to get to the main page. So after a week of trying everything i could not fix it, and i uninstalled msfs. Now i can't even reinstall it it wont download it!! I tried everything i could again, uninstalled updates and so on but nothing worked. I contacted steam and requested my money back for the deluxe ed. i bought and they refunded me.

Now this time around i bought the deluxe ed. again through ms and i downloaded it to my d drive which is an extra empty drive i never used. I downloaded it and installed it without a problem and so far it's a week and not one problem!!!.

I feel it should be installed on a non-system drive and by itself if u can!! Also this time around the planes are flying alot more stable.

Anyway hope it can help some...

windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

Hi, thanks for sharing. I personally have never been a fan of Steam and have only used it when I’ve had to. Glad you managed to download and install it from the MS Store.

Yes, it’s always a good idea to install FS on a non system drive. This was even the case with FSX.

Happy flying :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles