MSFS Locks up when I hit "Fly"

Didn’t work for me. But I suspect there is a link to disfunction in the logbook, because mine had stopped recording flights between my last successful loading of a saved flight and my first CTD upon clicking “ready to fly” for a saved flight.
FS 2020 deluxe; SDK to match; Win10 Pro x64; i7/8700K(3.4 GHz); 16G DDR4, 3200; Gtx 1080; M.2, 1TB; Saitek X52; 23" LCD, native res=1920x1080

Didn’t work for me. But I suspect there is a link to disfunction in the logbook, because mine had stopped recording flights between my last successful loading of a saved flight and my first CTD upon clicking “ready to fly” for a saved flight.

Nor me when I got round to testing it just now. Deleted the save game file - maybe it was simply corrupted for some reason.

Vern.

seeems to me that Developer Mode is a pretty common link in many many problems. I've noticed, the one or two times I've used it, it doesn't always exit the way you'd think. I exited it once, and the stats remained on the screen but without the windows bar. So, I went to turn it on, then off again. The stats were still there. So I exited to desktop and restarted the sim, and no more stats on the screen and flights resumed to be recorded in the log book.

Bottom line, I'd recommend staying out of developer mode unless you have a very specific reason. And even then, restart the sim after using it.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One