Post update: Should I even bother?

So should I even bother to try an IFR flight in the A320 (using autopilot as necessary) or is that all still buggered up?

Nope. Try this:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?21481-FlyByWire-A32NX-v0-4-0-Released

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This mod does not work either after the last update. Can't switch engine ignition on, in fact many switches no longer work. AP does not work properly for any of the airplanes AFAIKS.

Start with engines running on the runway and hand fly after reaching altitude and it is possible to sometimes make a landing. Don't rely on the AP intercepting a localiser or glide slope yet, it gets them mixed up I think ;- )

Geoff

Did you use the installer from the link on the flybywire website: https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Did you have the AP working, and now it doesn't, or hasn't it ever worked?

I have the 0.4.0 installed and the A320 is working as well as it, well ever does.

Without teaching granny about eggs, the FD must be switched on for the AP and AT to work and that is particularly key when loading a saved flight and everything is off. I am well into a 4 hour flight from Nairobi to Cape Town and the AP and AT are functioning as they should, it even kept my fllghtplan in the FMC for two loaded games now (probably won't be so lucky in a minute...).

As regards starting the engines, well you don't really have to go through the entire checklist - batteries, APU, fuel pumps, ignition on (which works for me) then put the engine switches in. Or just Ctrl-E it as a last resort. :)

Vern.

Made a quickie from KSFO to KLAX. No mod, just the default airplane. Only problem on this occasion was that the FMC did not recognise KFSO, not in it's database. The flight plan was visible though and with a couple of modifications I was able to land at KLAX without problem. (Even followed the approach.) I think there is a problem of two parties working on the same airplane, it is obviously conflicting. Think I'll forget the mod and stick to the default until they get it right.

Geoff

The 0.4.0 mod is designed to work with the latest patch. Unfortunately, I see this continuing along similar lines as ETS2 and the ProMods map - every time the developer makes changes, it breaks the mod and you are then waiting for the modders to catch up.
Vern.

I have the 0.4.0 installed and the A320 is working as well as it, well ever does.

Without teaching granny about eggs, the FD must be switched on for the AP and AT to work and that is particularly key when loading a saved flight and everything is off. I am well into a 4 hour flight from Nairobi to Cape Town and the AP and AT are functioning as they should, it even kept my fllghtplan in the FMC for two loaded games now (probably won't be so lucky in a minute...).

As regards starting the engines, well you don't really have to go through the entire checklist - batteries, APU, fuel pumps, ignition on (which works for me) then put the engine switches in. Or just Ctrl-E it as a last resort. :)

I always have the FD on before I try to engage the AP.

I went ahead and downloaded the latest FBW mod package, and right now I am on a flight and the AP is working ok.