When is a landing, at an airport, considered a landing?

I've done a LOT of landings at various airports, sometimes, touch and goes, other times, just plain landed (no pun intended).

However, according to the log, some of those flights are not recorded, which others are, but the landings are not.

So, when is a landing, considered a landing?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I have the same question. Sometimes my landings are not recorded. What I can say is that some of the landings not recorded have been particularly hard landings. For example when the 787 pitches down with no elevator control on final (I figured out it will do that if you're not maintaining at least 145 knots or something like that), or when the app button decides to turn itself off on the 747 and you have to take control before you're ready.

It seems to me that you need to turn off the runway and set the parking brake.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I did a textbook ILS landing at Nairobi last night after a post patch test flight with the A320. Taxied to the terminal, parking brake set, engines off, batteries tripped out. I didn't get the end of flight screen nor when I checked the log had it recorded the fact I landed.

Yet the previous evening when I did a Harrison Ford and put the C172 down on the grass somewhat to the side of the runway at Wick on a Neofly run, it credited me as having landed...

Go figure...

Vern.

Well, I tried all the excellent suggestions here, took off from KJAX flew to KCRG (13 miles), landed, taxied, parking brake, shut everything down, looked in the log book and saw that I was in the "vicinity" of KCRG.

Grrrrr (least it did log the fact that did do a night flight, lol)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I tested again today to see if landing at any spot at the airport, instead of the spot assigned to you by the ground control would constitute a logged landing. With parking brake set, engine off, avionics and battery off - no logged landing.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I tested again today to see if landing at any spot at the airport, instead of the spot assigned to you by the ground control would constitute a logged landing. With parking brake set, engine off, avionics and battery off - no logged landing.

I've had that happen too as well, did not park where I was assigned and no logged landing.

I've had that happen too as well, did not park where I was assigned and no logged landing.

I am guessing though the airport will still send you a bill for the landing...🤑

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440