First Look at 1.9.5.0 Release is a Pleasant Surprise

Just excited to report a surprising improvement in overall performance with the new release. Tried a bunch of stored FLTs and compared metrics using GPU-Z. My 10700k + 2080 Super rig had been seeing a bunch of GPU power throttling at LOD settings.... and they are now totally gone. Will test 200/200/200 tomorrow, but 140/140/140 looks very smooth now... GPU temp down to 65C and TDP average power down 30%. CPU memory use is up though... glad I got 32BG set.

I even got a smooth takeoff and return to landing at Orbx KBUR in the stock A320 while keeping at 30FPS... this is more like it. Asobo must have done some tuning but did not feature it in the update description. Real progress for once.

Took a quick flight with the A320 in Africa last night after the patch installed fairly seamlessly.

Slightest bit of cloud still triggering Jurassic Park level thunder and lightning.

The A320 FMC still doesn't retain even a simple flight plan on reloading a saved game with, of course, the autopilot being off and your plane effectively floating along at 29k feet while you frantically try and set things back up.

Could not get the flight to "end" after taxiing to the gate, parking brake on, shut off engines and switch batteries off.

Log did not record the fact I landed the A320 at Nairobi.

Haven't tried the 747 yet to see if it still hunts from left to right following a flightpath vector.

I just have a horrible feeling we are already getting into tangled spaghetti code with this title (given it is probably built on FSX or FSW anyway) and this is why what would on the surface seem to be simple fixes to basic problems are not going to be rapidly forthcoming.

Vern.

The A320 FMC still doesn't retain even a simple flight plan on reloading a saved game with, of course, the autopilot being off and your plane effectively floating along at 29k feet while you frantically try and set things back up.

Vern, I've had a thought about this: When you reload your saved game, are you loading the .PLN file?

The Plan file (.PLN file) now contains ONLY the flight plan information.

The Flight file (.FLT file) contains ALL the aircraft data including AP state, FMC/GPS state etc.

Try loading the .FLT file for any of your saved games and see what happens.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've just tried it myself in the Citation CJ4, and it re-loaded at the correct altitude, course and speed, however:

The NAV and YD modes were off.

The selected cruise ALT had to be re-selected.

The Pitot Heat and some of the lights were off.

Apart from the above variable/optional settings, the flight is continuing as if nothing had happened.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've just tried it myself in the Citation CJ4, and it re-loaded at the correct altitude, course and speed, however:

The NAV and YD modes were off.

The selected cruise ALT had to be re-selected.

The Pitot Heat and some of the lights were off.

Apart from the above variable/optional settings, the flight is continuing as if nothing had happened.

I have been trying to contact any one from the UK who could send me a copy of the 2

books that come with the FS2020 program. Or print out copies of their own manual. I am willing to pay the cost plus shipping to

the address below. I can't do anything without a manual...which we DO NOT get here in America, not even a download manual. I did

buy 2 ebooks but they only covered the basics. I am desperate for a manual. Someone please help. I will cover the cost for every-

thing.