Addons and MSFS loading time

With the proliferation of addons (especially the free ones) the Community folder keeps getting bigger and bigger and the loading time of Flight Simulator keeps getting longer and longer.

Also, there is no way to organize the addons in subfolders (as then the MSFS would not recognize them). The result is a very long and disorganized list of addons.

Besides, from the program itself there is no way to activate and deactivate the addons (as can be done with FSX or Prepar3D).

Anyone know if there is any solution to this issue?

With the proliferation of addons (especially the free ones) the Community folder keeps getting bigger and bigger and the loading time of Flight Simulator keeps getting longer and longer.

Also, there is no way to organize the addons in subfolders (as then the MSFS would not recognize them). The result is a very long and disorganized list of addons.

Besides, from the program itself there is no way to activate and deactivate the addons (as can be done with FSX or Prepar3D).

Anyone know if there is any solution to this issue?

There's a Mod Selector on Github: https://github.com/captn-nick/MSFS-Mod-Selector

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Guys!

I found this program!

Peeyem (PM)

https://flightsim.to/file/1226/peeyem

It's free and it works like a dream!

This app, PM (peeyem), allows you to have all the mods (aircraft, scenery and airports) you want in a different drive and, in addition, you can activate o deactivate the mod (aircraft, scenery o airport) between sessions, so you don't have to load them all into memory and slowing down MSFS loading time.

It's fantastic!

I think you can give it a try!

Never mind -- I found a different app that does this easily.

Please tell us which App you've found?

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Sorry -- I was having trouble getting the full address to appear. This one works if you add http://www. at the start. For some reason this forum will not print the address in full (character limit?)

mediafire.com/file/tpeol7awt87mwmv/AddonLinker_Test_v1a.zip/file

Edited by cobalt

Your first link works fine - thanks for the heads-up on this :)

The author has now updated his program so that it allows entire groups of files (e.g., geographical regions) to be activated or deactivated in the Community folder, enabling MSFS users to designate which areas they intend to fly in, in a particular session, and exclude the unneeded areas. This tremendously shortens MSFS loading time. A great tool that should find wide use I would think.

Link to the new update: http://www.filedropper.com/addonlinkertestv1b