Fs2020 ai & atc ?

Hi All,

My query is specifically around AI & ATC engine of the new MSFS.

Is the same as it was in FS9 & FSX ?

Is worse or better than its predecessors ? I mean, the several restrictions existing in the previous sims that made them seem not so realistic as expected, are still here ?

Or it is still too early to have an idea on that matter ?

The whole AI & ATC philosophy (construction) is similar or completely remade from scratch ?

Thanks for your time,

Sotiris.

Edited by sotstavr

Very different, but the AI still has a long way to go. It will fly right into a mountain on take off, when a simple slight right or left correction easily misses the obstacle. On numerous landings, trying to get a screenshot, it will fly right into trees or obstacles, because it drops under the glide slope. It will always overspeed on the jets. My impression is this is not an area they have focused on.

ATC will sometimes try to send you above the ceiling of your aircraft. It is better than AI, but it still has a way to go to get it working as it should.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

All you say sound disappointing for an FS with that level of graphics.

Maybe that's why nobody has commented on this for more than 40 days after FS release.

I suspected AI & ATC would be ignored.

FSX/P3D AI models are compatible ?

AI traffic files way of compilation ?

FSX/P3D AI models are compatible ?

AI traffic files way of compilation ?

FSX/AI models are compatible, however some of them glow in the dark in MSFS.

AI traffic files aren't compatible because MSFS doesn't use .bgl files.

The good news is that there's an AI traffic mod available now for limited live traffic with liveries, which will surely be expanded on now that it's up and running: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-traffic-with-working-liveries/287626

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64