Fitting task for a creative scenery designer.

gehall63

Have you thought of having a go at doing this yourself?

You can download Google SketchUp for free here:

http://www.sketchup.com/download

and a very good tutorial on how to use SketchUp and get the finished product into FS2004 and FSX here:

http://www.calclassic.com/sketchup_tutorial.htm

There's quite a bit to learn and do but it's fun and you will acquire new skills.

Dijvid

Is asking for a developer to do this, not HOW to do it. Haven't we gone done this route before?

I am beginning to find this kind of response from you tiring and vexatious to the point that I will no longer bother to take any further notice of your posts.

Dijvid

They have this in the Trimble 3d warehouse...I'm going to ask the author for permission to use it to translate it into FS2004. Might take a couple of days if he says yes.

Eric

Check out my Real World Flights on the Eric Flight YouTube Channel

Eric Flight YouTube Channel

Check out my Flight Sim Livestreams on Twitch

Eric Flight Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am beginning to find this kind of response from you tiring and vexatious to the point that I will no longer bother to take any further notice of your posts.

Dijvid

2nd Verse .....Same As The 1st

Vexatious? ........Oh My!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's been a while since I've been able to flight sim and model (graduate program ending this year (3 more classes to go) with 400 hour internship and 80 hour assessment on top of the classes). I'm anticipating a lot more free time after that to model. I'm using Flight One Ground Environment Professional along with Flight One Ultimate Terrain for Europe here. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I also have Real Environment Extreme Overdrive for FS2004 working.

Have to make winter texture for the Vimy Memorial ground scenery too.....I got the go ahead.

Eric

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's been a while since I've been able to flight sim and model (graduate program ending this year (3 more classes to go) with 400 hour internship and 80 hour assessment on top of the classes). I'm anticipating a lot more free time after that to model. I'm using Flight One Ground Environment Professional along with Flight One Ultimate Terrain for Europe here. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I also have Real Environment Extreme Overdrive for FS2004 working.

Have to make winter texture for the Vimy Memorial ground scenery too.....I got the go ahead.

Eric

Good luck on your graduate degree. Been there, done that ...... and recognize how intensive it can be. Thanks for coming to the rescue of the original poster. Really glad you can help him (us) out.

Good show!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I haven't had time to make the winter textures work nor have I done night textures but here's a link to the Vimy Memorial that will work for now.

Eric

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TOPAcoVy1ETmxnYkFDVjc4Tms/view?usp=sharing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eric, The monument looks great, the rendition of "Canada Mourns" is almost eerie. Long term it would be good to eliminate the buildings and roadways close to the monument to create a rendition of the Vimy park .... but very impressed so far.

Glen

I believe the park would not have houses if you bought an upgrade to your landclass scenery. I use Ultimate Terrain Europe by Flight1 and I have no houses around the memorial. It also has the real roads in it so whatever you see in my screenshot below is probably the best you're going to get for FS2004.

Real Life

vimy memorial screenshot real.jpg

FS2004

vimy memorial screenshot.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived