C152 Instrument Lights?

Before I bother the zendesk, I want to make sure it isn't just my inexperience with the sim.

Just tried to do a night flight out of Midway Airport Chicago in the C152 - No instruments light came on as they do in the 172. The increase/decrease Glare knob turns but does nothing, L toggles the overhead light and Shift L gives me the flashlight.

How the heck do I turn on the instrument lights? Or is this a known bug?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I reported the bug (?) to the zendesk this morning.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Over 400 views and no comments? Am I alone in this 'no instruments lights' thing in the C152 while night flying? Just wondering.

When I press the L key (twice) all that comes on is the overhead floodlight, not the instrument dials, which "should" light up so you can fly at night.

When I press the L key (twice) all that comes on is the overhead floodlight, not the instrument dials, which "should" light up so you can fly at night.

IRL, not all aircraft instruments have internal lighting. Older GA aircraft used to have a couple of floodlights with red lenses that were pointed at the instrument panel. That's all the lighting there was. Don't know how the C152 has been programmed here.

True, cockpit diagrams I found online indicate that turning the knob that is present in the sim which IS rotationally functional 'should' increase/decrease the brightness of the overhead floodlight, but at present it does nothing. Without a dimming capability night flying is like driving at night with your interior dome lights on. Great for seeing inside but not so great for viewing outside.

True, cockpit diagrams I found online indicate that turning the knob that is present in the sim which IS rotationally functional 'should' increase/decrease the brightness of the overhead floodlight, but at present it does nothing. Without a dimming capability night flying is like driving at night with your interior dome lights on. Great for seeing inside but not so great for viewing outside.

Ah, you need the C152x realism mod then: https://github.com/DRF30q/C152X

MY bad on this one. I do have the C152X loaded into the hard to find Community folder. I did not realize how long you had to turn that dimmer knob to see the effect. I now can control how bright the over head floodlight appears. Yay! and thanks to those who responded.

FWIW, once I finally found the durn hidden file FS "Community" folder, I added it to my Windows 10 QUICK VIEW folder to simplify and speed up saving any new add-ons as I acquire them. (I already have my eyes on that Kitfox)