[FIXED] CTD Exception code 0xc0000005 Crash to Desktop

Really hope this can resolve at least a few of your guys issues. I couldn’t log a single flight since it started and have lost close to 20 hours from Crashing to Desktop in flight or when trying to exit to the menu.

FlightSimulator.exe had Exception code 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer as many have posted.

This is how I fixed it:

This is a video that can assist with most performance issues.

I have some issues like everyone. I followed along with the video and saw that my installation was limited by the Main Thread as was his. I was not getting the CTD's but tried to get the issue with the Main thread resolved.

I was restricted to 18 - 25 FPS and all red in the show FPS window. I tried his idea to turn off the traffic. No Change, then reset the traffic to what I was using.

I then moved to the Graphics tab. First setting I changed was V-Sync. I had it set to on, turned it off, clicked Apply & Save and boom FPS went to 50. Still shows limited by Main thread but all green and some yellow.

You can see real time the effect on FPS when you click Apply & Save. Play with the settings to see which ones you can increase and which you might have to decrease.

One at a time is best to see what happens.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

did not understand 1 word he was saying, it was about eliminating the red portion in the upper right performance box but from start to finish the red part of the box was present.......................?

I run MSFS from a crowded HDD, my SSD is filled with FSX and that runs just smooth with all maxed out. (except biggest of airports) I got MSFS from day 1 from XBOX (pay $5 a month) Funny thing is

that no matter how disabled my MSFS works I've never had a CTD since that day.

(All settings on low or medium)

I'm happy regards Peter

I7 6700k GTX1050TI4 16G-DDR4 SSD500(with FSX) HD 1TB

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Nice, double fps is good in anyone's books. Glad it helped.

Thanks for the video.

Sometimes just watching videos for the sake of watching them can lead you to a little better place. I would never have thought to turn off V-Sync. But the difference was amazing.

It is easily going to be one of the better tools going forward, if I encounter performance issues.

Hal

Edited by PEIRascal
Spelling correction
Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

I have Vsync off cause my monitor has Freesync that manages this automatically, thats why I have high end settings (1980x1080) in an i5 7400 Gtx1060 with just 3gb

sometimes having a good monitor helps a weak gpu

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

did not understand 1 word he was saying, it was about eliminating the red portion in the upper right performance box but from start to finish the red part of the box was present.......................?

I run MSFS from a crowded HDD, my SSD is filled with FSX and that runs just smooth with all maxed out. (except biggest of airports) I got MSFS from day 1 from XBOX (pay $5 a month) Funny thing is

that no matter how disabled my MSFS works I've never had a CTD since that day.

(All settings on low or medium)

I'm happy regards Peter

I7 6700k GTX1050TI4 16G-DDR4 SSD500(with FSX) HD 1TB

4:50 mark in video watch top right. I mentioned it 3 time in the video. Mainthread goes from red to white. Hope that helps.