Turning ON Night Lighting "earlier"

Is there a way to turn night lighting effects of the scenery (not the aircraft) on earlier than the default sunrise / sunset? P3D allowed for a GRAPHICS edit to the CFG by adding a few lines which allowed for tweaking how soon the lights turned on before dusk, and how soon the lights turned off after sunrise:

DAY_THRESHOLD=55000

NIGHT_THRESHOLD=4096

I don’t see how this would work for MSFS 2020. But, any info / input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Timberleaf
Clarity

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

I believe on the sim is more realistic than P3D cause when you turn lights on, lights are on.

Inhave switched cockpit lights in a rainy day at midday and could notice lights in cockpit

of course if there is too much sunlight you wont

notice perhaps, but they are on

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I was referencing the scenery night lighting, not the aircraft lighting. I could add a CFG edit, as above, to cause the default sunset / sunrise night lighting to come on earlier before sunset, and stay on later after sunrise.

I don't know if that can be done with MSFS 2020.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

I was referencing the scenery night lighting, not the aircraft lighting. I could add a CFG edit, as above, to cause the default sunset / sunrise night lighting to come on earlier before sunset, and stay on later after sunrise.

I don't know if that can be done with MSFS 2020.

oh i appologize, yes i see your point, im sure theres is a way since the files do have the same parameteres that can be edited thru +Notepad

Kapitan

Thanks. Of course, before posting this, I edited the MFSF cfg with the above. I saw NO differences at all. Hence the question.

Timberleaf

Its not in msfs cfg, its another file that handles this.

Like in Vegetation file to reduce the size of trees

10-asobo_species.xml under fs-base\vegetation directory.

so there must be a specific file for the lights

Kapitan

I have looked. I can't find anything remotely related to this in the files; XML, CFG, etc. I hope it isn't hard coded and cannot be edited. I also hope someone finds this.

Timberleaf