Radio stack on 787

Hi

I have similar problems with radios/avonics on various planes in FS2020.

However, in the B787 it is possible to enter the frequencies of NAV1/2 and ILS and also course in the FMS. You have to open there the NAV/RAD page (button left down) and then you can enter the freq/course with the num pad on the left and transfer the values with the line keys into the corresponding line in the FMS.

From here the problems start because in the NAV display it is difficult to find the selected Nav and this applies not only to the B787 but also to other planes. I specially tried the Airbus A320Neo. The frequencies are shown in the ND only with 1 digit after the comma. Even if I select Nav1 and Nav2 in the glareshield, the needles are not shown in ND. Only if I deselect FMS I see at least the needle onf Nav1, but no pointing needle of Nav2. Additionally I have never seen any DMS information displayed on any of the planes, which is actually very disturbing.

I am trying to search for more solutions on various planes but I am afraid the whole avionics/nav part is not completely implemented.

Thanks for the info regarding the 787. I found out the same thing with the QualityWings 787 in FSX.

But as far as being able to land via the A/P, this is only half the problem. The APPROACH on the 787 doesn't work either. This leads to funny problem. The 787 came down as per G/S, but it won't actually land. It touched the runway and up again. It's not the same behaviour as the QW787 in FSX.

Still researching.

Thanks for the info regarding the 787. I found out the same thing with the QualityWings 787 in FSX.

But as far as being able to land via the A/P, this is only half the problem. The APPROACH on the 787 doesn't work either. This leads to funny problem. The 787 came down as per G/S, but it won't actually land. It touched the runway and up again. It's not the same behaviour as the QW787 in FSX.

Still researching.

A lot of work has still to be done in order to get a descent plane. In order to avoid the bouncing on the runway just disarm the A/T (A/T ARM) button at 500 feet. Happy flying

A lot of work has still to be done in order to get a descent plane. In order to avoid the bouncing on the runway just disarm the A/T (A/T ARM) button at 500 feet. Happy flying

I forgot to mention you can autoland, as I prefer most of the times.

Autoland is rarely used.

Reason is it requires a lot of prior work and planning

Pilots will prefer to do manual landings or ILS

The autoland present in the sim is simplified. So between a fake autoland or a more close to reality RNAV, ILS or VFR land ....

Besides not all airports are certified for autoland

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Autoland is rarely used.

Reason is it requires a lot of prior work and planning

Pilots will prefer to do manual landings or ILS

The autoland present in the sim is simplified. So between a fake autoland or a more close to reality RNAV, ILS or VFR land ....

Besides not all airports are certified for autoland

KORD is my hometown airport. Try ILS 28R. Many memories....

Yes thanks for the link regarding upgrading of B787.

However, still no ideas regarding the general avionics/Nav problems for most airplanes in FS2020?

Could the incorrect showing of the frequencies and missing DME information on the ND's come from a fonts problem, I mean, can I change fonts somewhere?