Dallas Texas! where is it?

I decided to fly over downtown Dallas my home base, and guess what! no city!

It's just a bunch of Generic buildings. the roadways are in place but all the landmark buildings are just rectangle shaped structures placed where the major buildings would be. Has anyone else encountered this situation?

Did I set up the sim wrong?

While I was installing, when the program asked me to use satellite data, I clicked yes...

Or is possible that Dallas is going to be a add-on by a 3rd party vendor?

Any suggestions, hints, tricks or work-arounds...

Respectfully:

David...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

All cities, with the exception of hand crafted are done with autogen buildings. Despite autogen being better than previous versions, its still too random.

As time goes by, all cities will have remakes by users. In just two weeks if you go to the right websites there are already hundreds of landmarks for different cities.

Thats the future of scenery. Landmarks. The scenery itself (terrain, coastlines, rivers, elevation) is fine as per satellite, the scenery addon you will start seeing are just landmarks, first the most notable, later every building, and most will have to be free. Users are adding few improvements each. Later on someone will compile all work done for Dallas in a single package. Just be patient. The future is promising.

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I have to agree with Kapitan, the future is promising.

Microsoft also announced that they would be introducing more handcrafted areas as time goes on. (I think quarterly or bi-monthly if I remember). The first "world" series will be coming soon and will spotlight one area of the world with more handcrafted areas.

It's not perfect, but to have so many handcrafted areas as default and the rest of the world so nicely modeled as default is a huge leap forward IMO.

I remember getting all excited when ordering 12 dvds worth of terrain height maps for the whole world that didn't include any scenery.

Guest Rockcliffe2
Come visit Ottawa. The level of detail is staggering. You can identify individual stores. Can't find what you want at the Walmart? Fly over to Staples. After flying around my home town I was surprised to visit big American cities and find so much autogen.

I decided to fly over downtown Dallas my home base, and guess what! no city!

It's just a bunch of Generic buildings. the roadways are in place but all the landmark buildings are just rectangle shaped structures placed where the major buildings would be. Has anyone else encountered this situation?

Did I set up the sim wrong?

While I was installing, when the program asked me to use satellite data, I clicked yes...

Or is possible that Dallas is going to be a add-on by a 3rd party vendor?

Any suggestions, hints, tricks or work-arounds...

Respectfully:

David...

I noticed this too. I can see Reunion Tower but the ball on top is missing. I live in Allen. I was surprised to see our football stadium looks identical to the real thing. It even has Allen Eagles shown in the end zone. I thought that was cool but Dallas is a disappointment.

I noticed this too. I can see Reunion Tower but the ball on top is missing. I live in Allen. I was surprised to see our football stadium looks identical to the real thing. It even has Allen Eagles shown in the end zone. I thought that was cool but Dallas is a disappointment.

Thanks everyone for your input!

I thought something may have been wrong with the set-up, or I was not receiving the on-line data that this sim incorporates.

I also noticed that! AT&T and Six Flags are visible, and you can follow I-30 from Mesquite to West Fort Worth, now Ft, Worth, Grand Prairie, Arlington are pretty much in detail from the old post office to Harris Hospital and the stock yards are there also...

I hope the Scenery fix for Dallas and other major cities that need updating start arriving soon, In a way this is a good thing. It leaves room for 3rd party developers to build the world we live in...

David...

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

It's really not a Flight Sim problem, it's a Bing problem. Bing has nowhere near the photogrametry as Google Maps does and what it does have is 5 years old. The first developer that figures out how to integrate Google Maps into the sim will win the "Developer of the Year" Award! Really Microsoft needs to light a fire under Bing's butt and make them update every 6 months or so like Google.

It's really not a Flight Sim problem, it's a Bing problem. Bing has nowhere near the photogrametry as Google Maps does and what it does have is 5 years old. The first developer that figures out how to integrate Google Maps into the sim will win the "Developer of the Year" Award! Really Microsoft needs to light a fire under Bing's butt and make them update every 6 months or so like Google.

This sim may do just that... Because up until Aug18, nobody was using bing maps for anything anyhow, so it didn't matter that it was years behind google. Now it does matter.

Ya, agreed. The area for Disney is rather old. Hollywood Studios still has the Sorcerer's Hat and there are no over water villas at the Polynesian Resort.

Question for you all though. I have my settings on High and am getting really great frames. I could kick up to ultra but Im not using a 4k monitor so why bother. Anyways, when i was flying in the DC area, on approach into KDCA, I was passing the Washington Monument and noticed that it was just a tall rectangle. I know the DC mayor wants that and the Jefferson Memorial removed but..... Oh and the Capitol Building wasnt there as well. Anyone else having these errors??

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I recall when Tileproxy first came out. They used Google maps and it was absolutely incredible! But then Google became as anal about using their product as the Gulfstream folks and it was soon scrapped. Bummer.

I'm wondering if the Tileproxy creator can try again with this new sim?

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

First of all I do not own MSFS, but have been following these posts carefully to see if I want to purchase someday. My question if Bing gets a new image for an area and the image has clouds covering the airport where the old image didn’t, will that airport disappear?

John C.

then comes autogen buildings, which spoils any recognizable place

My city Buenos Aires with autogen is unrecognizable, only thanks to coastline but the buildings give it an inaccurate look. My house and garden impossible to see, filled with a fake building. If they would have left just the maps it would be better, as when flying cruise over non populated areas.

The autogen buildings only give a favorable look when you fly over a city you dont know and you are fooled to believe its more a less like presented.

To me its a major setback.

Cities need to be handcrafted by local users, each and one by one. It will happen with time

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

It's my understanding that enhanced scenery for cities and other points of interest are shown on the world map with icons. It seems odd that Dallas missed the cut. Daytona Beach is my home base and is identified as enhanced scenery. It looks really good, but way out of date.

Lots of work ahead for developers.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI