A Really Bad Joke that costs money

You might not want to hear this, but my update took all of 13 - 15 minutes and works like a charm.

I still have some issues to be fixed but I have been flying, and enjoying, since installing on August 21.

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Works great for me too. Although the isntall took only a few minutes, I had to wait good 3-5 minutes with a blackscreen before it even started installing. It few parts of the process it seemed that the computer hanged.

Maybe a stupid question, did you wait for 5-10 minutes after initating the installation? Or how did it happen?

Some of us have had no problems of any kind and are very happy!

Update required less than 5-minutes and made no change of any kind to my Sim, which was and still is working just as I wish.

The initial 91 GB install took 55-minutes to download and less than 10-minutes to unpack and install. I was flying the Cessna 152 around Eastern San Diego county in fewer than 90-minutes from the time I began the initial small download.

I'm getting 40 FPS flying the Textron/Cessna 152 around the San Diego or Puget Sound country side. I see 35 FPS flying into and out of KTIW or KORS with the ORBX payware upgrade. I see 30 FPS flying around downtown Seattle at 2000' in the 152. All this with mostly ULTRA settings and the two sliders set to 120. But, NO AI traffic and only 25% - 30% surface traffic.

Navigraph runs perfectly on a 2nd monitor and on an iPad. My 12-year old CH Flight Yoke and Pedals work perfectly as does my really old Saitek ST290Pro stick.

I can find nothing to complain about!

Edited by tacomasailor
i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2

You know, I'm getting tired of seeing people gripe and complain about this sim. I have accessed my achievements areas in the simulator, and it shows that only like 1% or less than 10% of the flight sim pilots even seem to accomplish anything. So I say put your beer goggles down, get into the simulator and really try it, and top being an XPlane or P3D Fan Boy Karens and complain about everything MS Flight Simulator Does. You just might surprise yourself and enjoy it!
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Some of us have had no problems of any kind and are very happy!

Update required less than 5-minutes and made no change of any kind to my Sim, which was and still is working just as I wish.

The initial 91 GB install took 55-minutes to download and less than 10-minutes to unpack and install. I was flying the Cessna 152 around Eastern San Diego county in fewer than 90-minutes from the time I began the initial small download.

I'm getting 40 FPS flying the Textron/Cessna 152 around the San Diego or Puget Sound country side. I see 35 FPS flying into and out of KTIW or KORS with the ORBX payware upgrade. I see 30 FPS flying around downtown Seattle at 2000' in the 152. All this with mostly ULTRA settings and the two sliders set to 120. But, NO AI traffic and only 25% - 30% surface traffic.

Navigraph runs perfectly on a 2nd monitor and on an iPad. My 12-year old CH Flight Yoke and Pedals work perfectly as does my really old Saitek ST290Pro stick.

I can find nothing to complain about!

Try a transcontinental flight!! Try instant replay to see your landing !! Try to save your flight as the default flight............

Try a transcontinental flight!! Try instant replay to see your landing !! Try to save your flight as the default flight............

i dont fly long hours cause unfortunately i dont have the time

But this youtuber kid DRAWYAH flies long flights live, chatting with all his subscribers live some flights took 6 hours, full FMC by the book, detailed serious simmer

Never had problems

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Try a transcontinental flight!! Try to save your flight as the default flight............

Already told you, you can save flights in progress, stop trolling. Do you work for X-Plane or something? You clearly don't own this sim, but have a lot of wrong info about it.

After installing the patch FS 2020 crashed on the first couple of starts. I was worried I was going to have to download everything again, but I went ahead and repaied the install to fix any lingering errors. Then I did what has always worked for me to minimize crashes. I started FS 2020 in administrative mode. It has been running like a charm ever since.

Steam update was totally painless. Most of the files were for the Steam element, the actual MS/Asobo element was around 87kb (yes that's kilobytes) and took all of about 90 seconds to install.

Obviously sorry to hear people are having problems, but it's a bit like condemning a car manufacturer because you happened to get the one that developed a particular defect, when the other 20k models didn't.

Vern.

Mine updated through the ms store. It was quick & painless.

No problems here.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I’ve been island hopping In real time from Bali across the Pacific to Papua New Guinea and then across to New Zealand via Norfolk Island in a Cessna Caravan this week. Does that count?

You know, I'm getting tired of seeing people gripe and complain about this sim. I have accessed my achievements areas in the simulator, and it shows that only like 1% or less than 10% of the flight sim pilots even seem to accomplish anything. So I say put your beer goggles down, get into the simulator and really try it, and top being an XPlane or P3D Fan Boy Karens and complain about everything MS Flight Simulator Does. You just might surprise yourself and enjoy it!

Then don't read them. This is a forum where we discuss the good and the bad. If you don't like a post then move on to something else. Your whining is just as bad.