Weird Autopilot After Load of Flight

I have tried several different prop planes (haven’t tried jets yet) and have an issue with AP.

I create a flight plan in game, save the flight plan and start my flight. During flight I have AP engaged and the plane is flying perfectly. Tracking GPS without issue. I then decide I want to save and restart the game later. I save the .flt file at this point.

Later I load the flight plan and flight details. The game loads and I am the flying manually as expected. I enable AP and the plan immediately banks hard right and down. If I do nothing the plane will continue to go in an downward spiral. If I disengage AP flying the plane manually works just fine. Reenable the AP and the same issue occurs.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Ive noticed this the last three flights,with Bonanza,Cirrus,and the Baron.I takr off,climb to like 1500 ft,engage hdg,ap,alt,and all of a sudden,the plane is acting like a stunt plane,diving,climbing,banking hard.Totally uncontrollable.Wasnt doing this earlier.Its gonna take a while.

Do a serach for autopilot and you will find this is a known (but tedious) issue. It seems the AP in NAV/GPS mode is trying to backtrack towards the first WP in your flightplan. Also tries to fly into the ground as noted, which I've also had if I try and enable heading and follow the onscreen WP display.

We will need to see if anything regarding this is addressed in the forthcoming update, though not holding my breath.

Vern.