Loving the new Sim. When I first had it, when setting up a flight, aircraft presented 'Cold and Dark', and Checklists took you through the porcess to start up. That is no longer an option and the Checklists are all in 'After Start' state. Any idea as to where and how I go back to this (perhaps without having to select 'Return to Default' given all the settings I have done for Stick and Kepboard).

I am not sure I fully understood your question, but I think I have the answer:

When you select the departure airport, select a parking place instead of a runway. Your aircraft will appear at this parking, cold and dark. If you select a runway, it will be positioned on the runway, ready for take off.

Loving the new Sim. When I first had it, when setting up a flight, aircraft presented 'Cold and Dark', and Checklists took you through the porcess to start up. That is no longer an option and the Checklists are all in 'After Start' state. Any idea as to where and how I go back to this (perhaps without having to select 'Return to Default' given all the settings I have done for Stick and Kepboard).

I had this same issue yesterday. Mine occurred with the checklist after I had landed, parked, and shut down the plane to a cold and dark state. I saved the flight and when I went back into the sim later and reloaded the saved flight I had the checklist error. If I started all over again instead of just loading a saved flight the checklist was ok. I am also seeing an issue with ATC if I load a saved flight. The begining choices are not available. Just chalk it up to more bugs with the sim.

It is obvious and more realistic than other sims

Want cold and dark? Start at the parking gate

Where in the history of the human kind did you see a plane in the runway with cold and dark?

Thats the problem, you are too used to the other sims, welcome to a BETTER sim

If you start at the runway its because the plane is ready for take off and you past the before start checklist. In other sims there is a menu on some paywares to make it cold and dark, thats a cheat!

If you want to turn it cold and dark again even if you are at the runway just use your hand and pilot abilities and switch off everything.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think