Scenery making programmes for 2020

I will definitely not be buying 2020 unless I can be sure that I will be able to make scenery and update stock airports. Which raises two interesting questions:

(1) Is there already in existence a programme like SceneryGenX (used for FS9) that is designed for 2020 scenery making?

(2) Is there already in existence a programme like FS Design Studio (used for FS9) that works for making 2020 scenery objects such as hangars?

Given that there is already scenery for 2020 that can be purchased and some that is free, this suggests that programmes must already exist but raises a third question:

(3) SceneryGenX was free and FS Design Studio was not expensive, but will 2020 programmes be affordable for the individual to make free scenery?

I would like some input on this, if possible.

these programs take time to make.

but here is already some freeware sceneries, so it can be done yes, but not for the fainthearted,

almost no docs for the sdk.

at some point sure there will come easier scenery placing programs.

in the meantime i fly happily around.

Howlak: Yes, I know there are freeware 2020 airports, but I am interested only in Canada and Alaska where I have flown for real. So I expect to have to make them myself.

Wout123: I won't fly happily around until I can land at a real airfield that looks like I know it should!

Hi if i wamted to download scenery/Airport how do i do it please i dont see any way to download am i missing something apart from a brain lmao

regards

Andrew

It depends on where you get the add-on from. MSFS has its own built in Marketplace where you can purchase and install add-ons directly in the sim. Outside of the sim it depends on the developer. Some, like Orbx, have their own program for purchasing, downloading and managing add-ons, while others are simply uploaded to websites, like the library here at FlightSim.com. These downloads often require you to manually download, unzip and copy to the Community folder in the MSFS packages directory.

Howlak: Yes, I know there are freeware 2020 airports, but I am interested only in Canada and Alaska where I have flown for real. So I expect to have to make them myself.

Wout123: I won't fly happily around until I can land at a real airfield that looks like I know it should!

As has been said, it's still very early days for add-ons and the programs for making them. The SDK itself isn't finished, and the documentation even less so. Give it time and all of this will likely be sorted out.

Their tearing up fsdeveloper.com with FS2020 topics, why not head over there? It sounds like there's a proprietary scenery editor that's either part of the sim or part of the SDK, not sure which.

I haven't read much about it because the sim is off-limits to me until I can either walk into a Wal-Mart and buy it on disks or move to a 3rd world country where I can get internet capable of downloading it.

This seems to be the go-to thread for the basic introduction, there's a tutorial on google docs linked in the first post:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/introduction-to-msfs-sdk-scenery.448469/

hi sorry i should have made myself clear i meant from the links posted by howlak i should have directed the post to him sorry but thanks for useful info loki i need all the help i can get as a new flyer or crasher whichever way you look at it lol

Regards

Andrew