Confused is there a patch out yet

Im really confused its been mentioned that a patch is due out today thursday 27th icant find any info on it,i am losing my faith in this sim as time goes on i want to like it but all the faff thats going on tells me is it worth it maybe its me that just cant use it well enough yet i am trying lol And i will keep doing so for now.

Many of us also thought there would be a patch out today, but it appears we all got it wrong.

They actually said... details & the release date of the patch would be released today. It’s supposed to be quite a big patch & I gather we won’t see it until next month.

However as of yet, these details still haven’t been released.

I’m guessing the patch will be sometime next month & will probably include VR support, to coincide with the release of the Reverb G2. Just a guess though.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

AUGUST 27TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

AUGUST 27, 2020 | POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

We are in the final stages of prepping the upcoming patch for release next week. The team has been actively working on addressing issues impacting download and installation issues as a priority for this patch. We appreciate all the feedback from the community and we are hard at work updating the feedback snapshot and development roadmap, which we hope to release within the next few weeks!

Under profile then content manager, is listed an entry labeled Core Content Mandatory Packages that is 79.80 GB. It says to relaunch the game to update, but when I do nothing changes. I thought maybe this was what we're suppose to do to access the patch but maybe it's not. I've noticed the same thing as you mentioned. I've been flight simming for about a year and did get my private pilots license many years ago. I don't recall actually flying a Cessna being nearly as difficult as trying to fly in this sim. I've been using X-Plane 11 for several months and am used to using multiple screens. The planes are not well modeled in FS2020 and there are a multitude of bugs. I am quite disappointed to say the least. The graphics are superior to X-Plane, but that is all, in my opinion. I purchased the Cessna 182T just to see how it is modeled compared to the included planes and found it is just about the same as the others. I guess I'll just keep flying X-Plane and maybe just use FS2020 using AI to enjoy the great scenery of the world from above and check every now and then to see if it gets any better.