The Bug Desk Is Bugged!

When you submit a report to Zendesk you get an email confirming receipt and a message screen.

However on going to review the request in your account, it shows "Awaiting Reply". Er what reply? You haven't asked me anything. Put a short message to that effect in the text box beneath the original, submit and the status then changes to Open.

Hey ho...

Vern.

This came up many times in the alpha/beta forums. Apparently it’s supposed to mean waiting for a member of Asobo/MS to look at it. Should eventually say “solved” but this doesn’t necessarily mean the bug has been fixed. It simply means they’ve made a note of it.

Confusing though isn’t it?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Shortly after downloading and installing FS2020, I had problems, and filed a ticket with ZenDesk. I got the standard "Received" e-mail. Shortly after, I got an e-mail with instructions on about 6 different links, and thanked me for my post. There was no solution posted, just these links. When I went back up to ZenDesk and typed in my ticket number, it was listed as "Solved."

This happened 2 more times - they don't even read your tickets. They have a bot that reads keywords in your ticket, and then e-mails you a "canned" response that tells you to do all kinds of things to fix your "problem", and then they close your ticket.

I'm finding out that there is now more help up here on-line, through FS.Com, AvSim, and other manufacturers. Good luck with ZenDesk.

-= Gary =-

MSFS2020, i7-7700 4.2 Ghz(liquid-cooled), ASUS GTX-1080Ti (liquid-cooled), 32 Gb RAM, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech ProFlight rudder pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Razer OrbWeaver, Track-IR

I did think afterwards that I might have read "Awaiting Reply" incorrectly and that the issue was waiting reply from them.

However I think your assessment is quite correct Gary. In any event I'm sure Asobo and MS know quite nicely what the major bugs are beyond the initial installation glitches. They signed off on releasing it in that state! I'm sure they also have the interns scouring the various forums looking to see what people are saying.

Whether and when they intend to address the faults is another matter!

Vern.