MS Flight Simulator 2020; No Joy...

Purchased the Premium Deluxe version on Aug 18th. Never got it to load correctly. One of two issues repeatedly occurred. 1. When getting updates at the start of the download, the blue bar would go to about the 80-90% done level, then freeze up. Let that run overnight on couple of occasions with no success. Second problem was as soon as the download started, a download loop started trying to download "loading asobo-aircraft-b787-10-0-1.35.fs package." This loop ran for about 7 hours last night with no change.

So, called the Microsoft help line and got a technician who remotely took control of my new Dell Alienware Vanguard R-11 Gaming Computer. He worked on the problem for 3 hrs, 25 min with no success. He recommended I get a refund and departed. Then, contacted a "Just Answer" technician (cost $1.00 for that) and he did a several things without success and then stated that only a "Clean Uninstall" would solve the problems. He stated the best way to do that was with a Revo Professional Uninstaller. So, silly me spent $17.00 for the Revo program (which is actually pretty neat), and got it to "clean uninstall" MSFS 2020. Re-installed the thing from the MS Store, and yippee! the same loop started again. So, uninstalled it again and reckon it will stay that way. No Joy at any level...

To add insult to injury, got the program from on a pre-order from Best Buy. Turns out Best Buy does not refund digital download products. What a great way to waste $120 or so....

“called the Microsoft help line and got a technician who remotely took control of my new Dell Alienware Vanguard R-11 Gaming Computer”

I cringed when I read that. I hope it really was Microsoft you called.

Sorry to hear you’ve had problems & I hope you manage to sort it somehow.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Myself and many others have run into the same problem, if the chatter on the internet is any indication.

My equipment exceeds the minimums suggested and was recently built just to flight sim better.

To the best of my searching, i have found no answer.

Was this program really ready for release?

There is an update due out next week so maybe these installation problems will be fixed. I would certainly think it’d be a priority.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

This is why I am going to wait until they sort out these issues. If I am shelling out big dollars for new gear and software I expect it to work correctly. Sorry you guys are having troubles....better days ahead hopefully!

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron

I have 70mb download speed on my broadband however msfs still took 15hrs to download . This is a huge download so if your broadband is not particularly fast patience is the key.

It would often seem to get stuck on a certain percentage but in time would get going again.

I paused and restarted 3 times too and it picks up where it left off fine.

I feel for you though, it's frustrating when you're keen to get flying.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have 80mb download speed and MSFS took 15hrs to download for me too. Turned out there was a fault on my broadband connection (detected automatically by my ISP's online Service Centre) and they sent out an engineer who restored normal service the next day.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Purchased the Premium Deluxe version on Aug 18th. Never got it to load correctly. One of two issues repeatedly occurred. 1. When getting updates at the start of the download, the blue bar would go to about the 80-90% done level, then freeze up. Let that run overnight on couple of occasions with no success. Second problem was as soon as the download started, a download loop started trying to download "loading asobo-aircraft-b787-10-0-1.35.fs package." This loop ran for about 7 hours last night with no change.

So, called the Microsoft help line and got a technician who remotely took control of my new Dell Alienware Vanguard R-11 Gaming Computer. He worked on the problem for 3 hrs, 25 min with no success. He recommended I get a refund and departed. Then, contacted a "Just Answer" technician (cost $1.00 for that) and he did a several things without success and then stated that only a "Clean Uninstall" would solve the problems. He stated the best way to do that was with a Revo Professional Uninstaller. So, silly me spent $17.00 for the Revo program (which is actually pretty neat), and got it to "clean uninstall" MSFS 2020. Re-installed the thing from the MS Store, and yippee! the same loop started again. So, uninstalled it again and reckon it will stay that way. No Joy at any level...

To add insult to injury, got the program from on a pre-order from Best Buy. Turns out Best Buy does not refund digital download products. What a great way to waste $120 or so....

So Sorry for you. Mine worked just great. After a 16hr 3 minute download time.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a solution to this problem that works for me. The download kept looping while trying to download a file and would restart to download that file. I found this:

This worked for me. When I went to the location he specifies I found lots of folders and, at the end, one file that was not a folder. I deleted that file and restarted the download from where it had got to. It has not looped again and I have over 50Gb downloaded.

The file that mine was looping on was fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.002

The file I found that I deleted was fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.001.

I guess that the original download of the 001 file had not completed properly but the installer thought it had and tried to download the next file (002) and became confused.

Hope this helps.