Straw poll: will you ever go back to FSX/P3D/X-Plane now?

I am totally disappointed with some aspects of this sim. The inability of their planes to fly a natural flight model being the worst. (Yes the Cessna 152 isn't bad.) I do miss my Cessna 172 that I fly in real life and which flies quite realistically in the other sims, but the rest of the aircraft I've tried in MS2020 bounce around like bobbers on rough waters with very unstable flight characteristics on my system. Prepar3d V5 is still my favorite, though even with OrbX it lacks the impact of the amazing terrain in MS2020. I still fly Prepar3d V3 to enjoy some of the aircraft that won't fly in V4 and V5. Sadly FSX Steam gathers dust unused waiting for when I need the hard drive space. X-11 I uninstalled some time ago. I will continue to enjoy the other flight sims as well as this new one until the new one gets its bugs worked out. I also hope it adds some of the things it's missing. i.e. doors that open, replay and analysis, ground service that's functional, A better camera function. (even with the mouse pan the view is choppy. I long for the hat pan again and not just a snap to). Some of the things I find absent are perhaps in there somewhere as their UI is not the easiest to decipher. So it gets an overall rating from me of about a 6 out of 10 atm. However they might even get it together on the missing stuff and poor flight models making it a definite ten in the future. Some pluses are the amazingly smooth visuals in their low frame rate ares. Not sure how they manage it but the presentation is smoother than all the other sims even when the frame rate drops. Also it works out of the box, which FSX and those before took a lot of tweaking. Oh, and their active pause which is supposed to hold everything until you unpause drops speed and other things so don't let it sit too long.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I installed FSX late in the day - at the end of 2015 after flying with FS2004 from the time it it was released. But after installing FSX, I never went back to FS9.

I have not purchased 2020 yet because I just knew it would probably be full of bugs and I did not want to rush into it. But actually, the main reason is I probably need a new gaming PC, and I am now checking out the rigs of current players to get some idea of what I'll need.

But I'm sure after I do install MSFSXX, I'll probably never look back once again...

For added stability: FSX...

...though something keeps crashing the game every 30 mins, so I have to get on top of that and figure it out.

For fresh, novel, and forcing myself to get with the times: Has to be MSFS 2020.

It's nice to be on the cutting edge for a change, instead of always lagging behind everyone else. It may be a challenge getting used to it. As someone here at the forums said, don't try to learn FS2020 by comparing it to everything you learned as SOP in FSX or FS2004. I'm beginning to see why he's right.