EZ landclass malfunction

Roger Wensley

I have used EZ landclass for years to easily modify the terrain types close to the airfields I made. It is functioning now as it has always done in the past: fill out the short questionaire regarding scenery name and location (get from FS9) and which folder to keep scenery in and which FS9 or/and FSX is it for, and then open the grid, locate FS9 in one of the grid boxes, number the box as per terrain you want, save, create the scenery bgl, then exit the programme. Put the bgl in a live scenery folder, go to the location and see the result. Except there is no result?!? Can this be an EZ landclass malfunction, or an FS9 one? Any ideas?

Thinking about this, I now suspect that this is an FS9 "numbers" problem. A few years ago I could not install new scenery in the FS9 library, and found that there is a maximum number that can be installed; 1,100 or 1,200, around that kind of number. I solved that problem by putting all my Ontario scenery into one "RWOntario" folder and deleted all the single airport listings from the library. In fact I did the same for British Columbia, Alberta, etc etc. I do not believe that I have reached, again, that 1,200 limit (or whatever it is) for scenery library entries. I am putting the new and small BC airfields into one folder and not registering them individually in the library, and when I remove and replace the airfield grass in the correct position using SBuilder then that bgl works fine. When I use EZlandclass for surrounding terrain then the bgl does not work at all. Puzzled. Ideas?

Tom, I am putting the airfields (SceneryGenX) and the airfield grass (SBuilder) and the terrain (EZlandclass) into the same scenery folder. All the others are read by FS9 and show. I also just deleted EZlandclass and downloaded and installed it again, v2, which is what I had before. Same result, nothing. I also tried with terrain in a separate scenery folder and installed in the FS9 scenery library; nothing. I really cannot figure out what might be happening, or how, let alone WHY NOW, as I have changed nothing. I also tried it in a different area, for no logical reason except hope, and no result. Edited by Roger Wensley