Undockable views for multiple monitors? Don't see anyone asking bout that! Total gamebreaker for me. I was really looking forward to owning it!

I bet there will be. I'll collect my winnings tomorrow afternoon.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I think he means putting the instruments on different monitors via the window docking view. That way you can have your main monitor view be the front outside view while having all your aircrafts instruments appear in a different monitor (usually below the main outside view). It was available with both FS2004 and FSX.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

There are unfortunately a lot of things missing we had in FSX and P3D. I am actually disappointed and I have never said that about a flight sim since FS 4. The slew is horrible, if you turn on progressive taxi it puts a huge icon over the runway not to mention the interface is horrible.

Some of the graphics look good if you use the Bing maps but they are seriously outdated. The White House and Capital are square buildings and Vegas doesnt even light up at night.

This seems to have been developed for the console controller generation.

a few things

Slew: seldom use it, its not a flying issue, its a computer trick. If its not good maybe they will fix it later on

Taxi: now that we have an airport map we dont need progressive taxi anymore, neither progressive taxi exists in real life, another computer trick for gamers and youtubers

Yes "if you use the Bing maps" thats how this sim is molded, with Bing

About cities, it has never been a requirement that the sim brings top class cities, each city complexity must be provided by either freeware users or developpers.

PS: Never flown to Vegas either.

Have you flown to Argentina?

The world is too big to please everyone and cover it all

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I am glad I decided to sit back and watch.

I couldn't wait to get this but now maybe I will wait to see what people are experiencing.

Maybe there is an update ready which will download when it is first run.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I couldn't wait to get this but now maybe I will wait to see what people are experiencing.

I always wait.

Games notoriously release with issues that need to be fixed later. Remember FSX needed two service packs, I.E. patches. And even now, issues still remain (default taxi lights not being lit on the plane, reverse switches, etc)

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Can I suggest you switch on FSX in it's pure form. No add ons, no aircraft, scenery, traffic etc and then do a side by side comparison.

I'm not buying this for a few months yet as I want to see how it all develops whilst sorting out a new machine but let's be honest, there will be a few glitches, a few things we aren't yet used to and and a few things which will come either as updates from Microsoft/Asobo or by third party developers.

I recall a lot of things which were 'wrong' with FSX at the beginning and many people still used it (including me) for 14 years.

Edited by tomgward

a few things

Slew: seldom use it, its not a flying issue, its a computer trick. If its not good maybe they will fix it later on

Taxi: now that we have an airport map we dont need progressive taxi anymore, neither progressive taxi exists in real life, another computer trick for gamers and youtubers

Yes "if you use the Bing maps" thats how this sim is molded, with Bing

About cities, it has never been a requirement that the sim brings top class cities, each city complexity must be provided by either freeware users or developpers.

PS: Never flown to Vegas either.

Have you flown to Argentina?

The world is too big to please everyone and cover it all

Kapitan I get what you are saying and I agree you can't please everyone. I think part of it is me too, I got myself too hyped up. I think FS2020 has a lot of potential but I do not think it is quite there yet is all at least not for me. I will still tinker around with it and I want to see if I can adapt the aircraft I have made to work in it for the people I give them to but for a bit my main sim will remain P3D V5 yet not giving up all hope on FS2020.

I completely agree! I am actually enjoying FS9 with all of it's addons I have. I doubt I'll be buying this new sim. Way to many compromises that I am reading about.

Undockable views for multiple monitors if true is a deal breaker ! Have not purchased MSFS as my rig is in build mode for it. My new flight deck relies heavily on multiple monitors !
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

I completely agree! I am actually enjoying FS9 with all of it's addons I have. I doubt I'll be buying this new sim. Way to many compromises that I am reading about.

Hopefully the " compromises " are just new to the sim lack of experience with it ! I wont be in the market for a new sim until late this year so FSX will be my go to.

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

The product looks beautiful and the small GA aircraft seem about right. The more complex aircraft don't seem to have the flight models well honed at this point, I am sure that will be adjusted soon. There are still assignments that don't work, auto throttle does not seem to work yet. I am sure they will get that fixed soon .
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU