New York City mesh

Ok. Then try to backup your World folder in Scenery and paste the one included in WORLD zip file of Disk 4. Maybe there actually is a file causing the elevation issue. Anyway, I would suggest to have always a "virgin" FS9 installed. Three gigabytes aren't that much.

Bernard

Luckily I have two FS9 installs. One mostly modern aircraft and clean. Sadly no change. Flying all over the world and ONLY NYC area has this occur! All the water around the scenery looks off as well. Thanks for trying to help me out leuen.

It seeme to be a deeper problem. Did you installed something some days before? I think you were not the first time in NYC area - how was it then? If you get the same issue with three different FS9, the cause must be either in FS9.cfg or registry as they are used by all three. Facing the same situation I would backup modern und GW versions on an external drive, uninstall completely FS9 and reinstall it basically. Normally it wouldn't be necessary to delete modern und GW versions as long as they are named other than Flight Simulator 9, but I stronlgy suggest to backup both anyway - what you should do periodically, BTW.

At least you have first to get a normal running default version.

Bernard

I have disabled ALL my addon scenery leuen, but the problem remains. I even replaced the entire main scenery folder with a fresh on from my modern install, (I did backup) but still no joy. The New York City area in my modern install is ok and appears normal. So it's just in the GW3 that this is an issue for some reason. I just don't get it. As I spent years building up my GW I would rather not re-install the whole thing.

What's this GW and GW3 thing anyway?

Golden Wings.

It resets FS9 back in time to the golden age of aviation.

It was created by Bill and Lynn Lyons, which speaks to it's quality.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yep, NY photo active. I'm kind of wondering now if it IS a mesh issue after all. If I stand off the city the problem is not there. As I close into the area it pops up like a wall. The "wall" will then follow my around as I fly. It will disappear behind me, then pop up in front of my flight. What do you think?

Can you define a border to the anomaly?

Can you post some more shots of it, with the lat/lon displayed via Shift+Z?

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Did you installed an AFD somewhere in Manhattan? Maybe the GW Aeromarine scenery? Have a look on the map. Normally it's a typical issue due to an inaprobriated AFD height.

BTW, the black squares can be removed, but I don't remember how. You should search on the web.

Bernard

I definitely see some corruption in the shorelines in a couple of those shots. It looks like you may have more than one problem.

FTR, most likely the problem files are in ...\FS9\Scenery\NAME\scenery.

If I get time I hope to install GW3 tomorrow, if.....

Maybe then I can see something better to look at.

Right now my best guess is a duff addon.

Do you have any addon mesh?

The fact that it disappears leads me to think a bad mesh file might cause this and as you get farther away FS switches to a lower LOD mesh that does not have the error in it.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Thanks guys for the help. I've been flight simming for years, but still don't get the details yet. For instance, what is an AFD and where would I look for it? It's in the airfield scenery file, right? Sorry, this must seem like trying to teach a monkey how to tie a shoe.

...what is an AFD and where would I look for it?

That is what is commonly called an Afcad file. It contains most of the airport data, mostly what you see flat on the ground, 2D stuff.

Runways, taxiways, aprons taxi signs etc.

Some will also contain data for 3D objects like terminals and hangars, etc.

Many get placed in ...\FS9\Addon Scenery\scenery though not all.

Many will also be placed in the scenery subfolder for addon airports that have their own entry in the Scenery Library.

There are several different programs out there to edit this stuff and most will, by default, add certain IDs to the file name. Look for files with _AF2, ADE or AFX in the file name.

Do not worry or get discouraged, we were all shoeless monkeys to begin with.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Archived