Wilco CRJ Package for FS2004 - CRJ 700 and 900 immediately crash on loading?

Flyguybc

Hello

I recently purchased the Wilco/FeelThere CRJ package for FS2004. Unfortunately the only plane of the 3 that I can use is the CRJ 200. Both the CRJ 700 and CRJ 900 both crash immediately upon loading. Looks like both aircraft load with only partial gear down for some reason? That is the only thing I can think of to make them crash into the ground (they basically drop down on their nose and the simulator re-loads).

Anyone have any experience with this package and the fixes that you might have made to make them useable?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

I don't have that package. But can you load a plane and flight that does work and turn off crash detection? Then try and load the CRJ 700/900. I do have an HJG DC9-30 that will do the same thing at certain airports. I turned off crash detection and the plane sounds like it's crashing upon loading. But everything is fine after the plane loads up. Then you can turn crash detection back on. Just a suggestion to see if you can get those planes working.

I'll make a semi-wild guess that something is wrong with the following in aircraft.cfg:

[contact_points]

static_pitch=0.04 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)

static_cg_height=7.67 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

Or, since you paid for the airplane, is there some help that comes with the purchase?

Nadlzfw

Hi,

Copy/paste from a post in 2010 by D.Scobie (feelThere support) at Avsim.

"The issue is a hidden character in the aircraft.cfg file for the CRJ 700 and 900. When a livery is added notepad kills the 'hard return' and this causes a fault in the contact points. Look at the aircraft.cfg. Look for a text line that looks out of place ... you should notice an excessively long contact point reference. Without the 'hard return' the aircraft only has two landing gear points (if i remember correctly). Put in a hard return where text looks out of place and save the cfg."

See here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/232742-wilco-crj-gear-problems/

Regards,

DDP.